Left front wheel grinding 15-35mph | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Left front wheel grinding 15-35mph

That second code for steering angle sensor, I'd want live data from a scan tool to see what is being reported... could be two separate problems, only loosely related because braking is part of the traction control system too, with the former of grining and grabbing now resolved with the brakes and rotors change?

I'd still wonder what this sticking noise is. If all the brake components check out, then I'd check the wheel bearing for smooth rotation and no wobble. Just as a sanity check, I'd make sure the wheel lug nuts are on tight too.

You might look through the '14 workshop manual linked below in my sig, for troubleshooting the U0415, and the C1B00 while you're at it. I'm seeing that U0415 code listed in the sections for Automatic Transmission, for Parking Aid, and for Instrumentation, Message Center and Warning Chimes.

C1B00 is the steering angle sensor which bluedriver states 1 person fixed by reprogramming the power steering control module

U0415 invalid data received from abs control module which has 3 different fixes stated...
1) replace abs control module
2) repaired module wire harness
3) repaired abs module ground

You might look through the '14 workshop manual linked below in my sig,
That is awesome, never noticed it before, I have a '14 so it's a great reference, no more hunting for torque specs

First off there seems to be some confusion or I'm miss reading the post, no Explorers have the IWE system that's an F150 deal. It's been said already I'd want to monitor speeds on all four wheels using some sort of live data to see if monitored wheel speed is changing between the four wheels to diag the concern.

Back