left w/just an amp, ???? for sub

santeebuds

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport
best sub/enclosure for RF501bd amp

Alright, its been awhile since ive been on the forum... I eventually went with a RF 501bd amp. and 2 12'' SVC 8ohm RockFos subs in a bandpass enclosure.

Anyways bad news is my ex was broken into. Among many other things my box was taken, :fire: THEIVES SUCK!!!!! anyway at least they didn't get my amp so im now looking at some other options for subs and enclosure...

i'm thinking either sealed or ported, 2 10's, ??? I have been reading a lot, but would like some suggestions from people that maybe have had this amp or just know more then me about car audio.

could go with either one the 12s will have a deeper bass sometimes drowning out the highs if you dont have good highs. the JL10s are always a good pick up and will hit very good. AS for the box a ported box, i believe should be used. i always did hactbacks ported, trunk sealed
I hope that helps

hey even if i mostly listen to rock, would ported still be best choice? I like rap too, but right now, diggin underoath, poisen the well, etc. so like i want it to bump if i put in a rap cd, but also want it to be good loud clean bass, for everything else, wasn't diggin the bandpass box all that much, too much of a narrrow frequency. but yea definately gonna go w/ the 2 10's this time, cause still got stock speakers in doors and back seat.

Back