• Register Today It's free!

Lemon Laws

snowbird

Reaction score
City, State
Minn. & Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
Just wanted to put this out there, has anyone pursued getting Ford to take back any of these vehicles that so far are unfixable? Has anyone been sucessful?
Arbitration is one way to start the ball rolling.
If Ford had a fix for the 2011 MFT why have a lot of the 2012's left with the same problems? All of a sudden we are supposed to believe that "magically" the 2013's will be trouble free?
With all of the bad press put out with these problems, you can bet if Ford had a fix it would be out there.
Just my two cents worth for what its worth.
The silence from FORD is deafening. Lets start being honest with your customers.
For the record this is my 13th new Ford vehicle and apart from the MFT/ Sync debacle it is a great vehicle.

:yelexp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just wanted to put this out there, has anyone pursued getting Ford to take back any of these vehicles that so far are unfixable? Has anyone been sucessful?
Arbitration is one way to start the ball rolling.
If Ford had a fix for the 2011 MFT why have a lot of the 2012's left with the same problems? All of a sudden we are supposed to believe that "magically" the 2013's will be trouble free?
With all of the bad press put out with these problems, you can bet if Ford had a fix it would be out there.
Just my two cents worth for what its worth.
The silence from FORD is deafening. Lets start being honest with your customers.
For the record this is my 13th new Ford vehicle and apart from the MFT/ Sync debacle it is a great vehicle.

:yelexp:

I bought my Explorer in the States and imported to Canada so Ford US has basically disowned me. Ford Canada wants nothing to do with my problems so now I'm looking into seeing if I can still apply the the lemon law in the US.

I have a friend with an Edge that is also having the same issue as the rest of us and is looking into the lemon law. I say there is strength in numbers and would welcome others to the effort. We could work together to see if Ford might become a little more responsive to these issues?

If you generally like the truck wait for the MFT update! If it still is a mess after that I would peruse lemon laws.

As far as I know, the new updated MFT program has not been officially released yet. It was still being Beta tested when the 2012 models were coming out. I believe it may be released later this month to coincide with the introduction of a couple of new 2013 Ford models.
Rebecca, of the IVT team might be able to provide more info on this.

Peter

I love my 2011 Limited.
MFT sucks!
Navigation also sucks.

I love my 2011 Limited.
MFT sucks!
Navigation also sucks.

+1/ what he said. I think this is similar to many of our experiences with the Explorer. I hope the update fixes everything because I really WANT to like this vehicle.

+1/ what he said. I think this is similar to many of our experiences with the Explorer. I hope the update fixes everything because I really WANT to like this vehicle.

+2. Wife is hating the fact we paid a substantial amount more for Navigation when it is terrible.

As far as I know, the new updated MFT program has not been officially released yet. It was still being Beta tested when the 2012 models were coming out. I believe it may be released later this month to coincide with the introduction of a couple of new 2013 Ford models.
Rebecca, of the IVT team might be able to provide more info on this.

Peter

It has now! lol ;)

Woo-hoo!!!

I pursued the lemon law in Tennessee and won. Ford bought it back from me. Life has returned to normal again. So glad to wash my hands of that experience.

There have been a couple people report successful efforts to use their particular state's Lemon Laws to force a buy-back.

Laws vary by state, so what may have worked in Michigan or Tennessee will not necessarily work in other states.

Basically in my state it 3 strikes your out. If you document and subsequently seek out and have performed 3 repairs for the same fault, you have the right to the lemon law.

Likewise the dealerships are also aware of the lemon law and do what ever they can at the 3rd level to ensure a correct repair- or so I have been told.

My Explorer is a LEMON!

I have filed all of the paperwork to get the lemon law process rolling. My truck has been at the dealer for approx. 60 days during the last year that I've owned it. It seems we've had every possible problem occur. The latest and greatest is that my steering wheel makes a whining sound when I turn left. The dealership eventually replicated it and really had no idea how to fix it. It stinks because I really loved my truck, but now it makes me sick. I'm always worrying what is going to go wrong next. Kinda scary when you're driving with two kids in the car. I'm praying to god that Ford will buy our explorer back. I am done with it. I will never buy a new body style again, as one of the guys at the dealership said we were guinea pigs, because with new models, come new problems. Great. . .

Hey Snowbird. How's the new update? Has the lemon turned into a big juicy apple. LOL>

Back