Lift and Tires Question-----:DHelp:D | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift and Tires Question-----:DHelp:D

Kial

Reaction score
my friend robert lives across my street and has a 92 explorer 4x4 (like mine but a year younger) and I just hooked him up with a 5.5 suspension lift (superlift of course), and he wants 33x12.5's and is asking me if he gets a 2 inch body lift with his 5.5, will it look crapy, he wants it to look big, but not big enough that the tires are small. Any imput so I can help my friend would be apprciated, thanks.

Kial
zeke180@yahoo.com

Hello again.....yep were back
Ok we just contacted SUPERLIFT and they told us about the metal coild sapcers that give about .25 of lift to the front. It is legal to have no more then 4 on each side. This will bring the front end lift to 6.5 with the 5.5 suspension right? a couple questions about the spacers...

Will they look bad if we get 4 of them on each side? Or does it not affect apprearence, just effects the front end height.

Will the rear end sag in response to lifting the front a additional inch after the 5.5 lift?

Robert just got new fenders becuase his old ones were all dented, he doesnt want to cut/trim the fenders. Will the 5.5 plus 8 coil spacers give clearence for the 33's? Even off roading?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerly
Robert and Kial

The feedback from this post I will use and will probably be Roberts descision for a lift. He already ordered a 5.5 superlift sus. lift(well I did but hes paying for it) and he was his 92 4x4 4door(its a cool looking green) to loook big. Now I am wondering is there a 1.5 inch body lift? I know thres a 2 inch, but if he got the 2 inch with the 5.5 inch lift WOULD IT LOOK STUPID? He wants it too look big but the tires he picked out are 33x12.5/r15's, and we both dont wanthte tires to look too small for the lift. NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We both Thank you
-Kial and Robert-
zeke180@yahoo.com

Back