• Register Today It's free!

Lift Coils

Infragate

Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg, MB
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XL
Just wondering what the difference is in height between the 6" skyjacker coils and the 5.5" superlift. I have the superlift coils and they may be the older saggy version of them. I have heard that the skyjacker springs are not as tall as the superlift. Can you guys that have run them both shed some light on this for me. I even have a 1" spacer underneath the springs but they just don't seem right to me. I have noticed that alot of the guys running the superlifts have changed to the skyjacker coils, and want to know what made you go that route. Also, does anyone have a set of either the newer version superlift springs or a set of skyjacker coils for sale. All help is appreciated, Thanks.
Dan

I've heard, from several guys, that the skyjacker coils are much better springs. thay have a lower spring rate, which means that you'll get more flex out of them. I've actually heard that to get the perfect D35 TTB lift, you need skyjacker drop brackets and springs, Superlift Superrunner steering, and James Duff radius arms and transmission cross member. You'd think that one manufacturer could build everything right themselves, but I guess not :D

yosh18981898 said:
I've heard, from several guys, that the skyjacker coils are much better springs. thay have a lower spring rate, which means that you'll get more flex out of them. I've actually heard that to get the perfect D35 TTB lift, you need skyjacker drop brackets and springs, Superlift Superrunner steering, and James Duff radius arms and transmission cross member. You'd think that one manufacturer could build everything right themselves, but I guess not :D

Can you use the superrunner steering with other brands Axle pivot brackets?

From what i have read so far on the site, it is possible to use the super runner system with other brand lift brackets. I believe there may be some mods that have to be made to atleast the skyjacker lift bracket but i don't think it is too much. But it would totally be worth getting rid of the stock linkage anyway.

Back