• Register Today It's free!

Lift for 97 2wd

adambell

Reaction score
City, State
Lafayette, La
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
i am looking for both body lidts and suspension lifts for my 97 2wd explorer i would like to get enough clearance to run Swamper TSL rubbers on 15x10 eagle rims i also dont want to spend more then $1400 total for a suspension and body lift I am asking u because u seem to know a lot > i am 17 years old i plan on saving the money for these modifications and actuall carrying them out in about 2005. would the ADD4FD1-P3 83-97 5" Lift Ranger 2wd Stage 1 be able to fit a 97 explorer i want a nice lift for it and since the ranger and explorer are almost identical will this work i found this lift at
www.4wheelparts.com underthe 2wd ranger in the ford section it is made by explorer pro comp please i need help to know how much i need to save

You can get a 3" body lift from Performance Accessories for around $140. It is a 95-97 Ranger kit(#853) which works for the explorer. You'll can add some WP shackles($50) to the rear for another 1.5" and do the torsion twist for about an inch up front. A little trim and you can fit 33x12.5 TSL Radials under there, that's what I have.

I've done over a dozen of these lifts for various years. Email or PM me for more info.

As for the Ranger Stage 1 lift, no, it will not fit your Explorer.

Matt

You can do what i did with my 97 explorer sport 2wd.
It is a 4" inch lift. That and a 3 inch body lift will surely fit 33's. Click on this link for more info about my lift.

97 2wd 4inch lift

Back