Hesperia/Victorville, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLS
just got done ordering the parts for my lift:

Fabtech 3" Spindles - #FTS98300-7
Explorer ProComp AAL - EXP-13120
Shackles - WAR153

w00t.

ill be posting pictures of the finished truck here in the following weeks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah hopefully its not to stressful. Ill be installing it with my girlfriends sisters fiance.. he just got a job doing fab work for some desert racing company, so holefully he knows how to install ****.

The install process with all three of those items are relatively easy.

Awesome! :cool: Post some pics once it's all installed. :thumbsup:

recieved my spindles and AAL today.. extremely surprised at how quick they came. just waitin on the shackles

Who cares about the shackles, start installing it. :D

you got the fabtech ones that are 3.5" right?

you anus!!!!! im still waiting on my spindles and BL you sent me over a week ago. Everything is sopposed to be here Monday though :). Too bad my next day off is Friday.

If you can change a tire you can put that lift on. Its not that hard. Go buy new bearings though. Get both inner and outer and the good brand. It will run you about 40$ but it will be worth it.

BigDave!!! said:
you got the fabtech ones that are 3.5" right?

yeah.. model # FTS98300-7

boominXplorer said:
you anus!!!!! im still waiting on my spindles and BL you sent me over a week ago. Everything is sopposed to be here Monday though :). Too bad my next day off is Friday.

If you can change a tire you can put that lift on. Its not that hard. Go buy new bearings though. Get both inner and outer and the good brand. It will run you about 40$ but it will be worth it.

yeah i could have sworn the lady said the 2nd.. oh well.

i might just invest in some bearings. good call

bump.

Update: FINALLY will be getting my parts installed and my shoes mounted tomorrow. Pics to follow shortly.

good, ive heard of it but have never seen an explorer with the ranger spindles.

LIFT INSTALLED!!!

I want to thank all of you so much for helping me get the right stuff and understand all that i dont understand from day one. Youre all so helpful.

its a lot bigger than i thought it would be with the lift and the tires. I love it. It looks just like big daves, only white, and with MTs. Ill post pictures tomorrow when i get my camera back and i have better daylight.

Only concern: the guy who installed it said that i needed some "brake line spacers" or something along those lines. Can someone point me in the right direction for those?

the only thing i could think of would be longer brake lines becuase i am running into that problem right now with my spindles too, im just gonna go with longer lines.

yeah i had to make all new brackets for the brake lines. I got mine to work with 6''s of lift too.

Back