Lift questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift questions

Marco2011

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Okay so I have been thinking about a 2 inch suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift So i can fit 35 inch tires. I have looked around and its like 238 for a 2 inch suspension lift kit. I can buy AAL and shackles and new coil springs up front for like 120 all together. So my question is where can I find 2 inch longer springs in the front for my truck. I am only looking for the springs. All the help is appreciated thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

skyjacker 132's. they will give you 2" of lift in the front and aren't too expensive. And btw if you want to fit 35s on the setup you mentioned, you're gonna have to do some fender trimmmmmming,

idk if i put F150 coil seats and 2 inch longer coils in the front and 3 inches in the back plus a 3 inch body lift and wheel spacers I should be able to fit them easily just think 31 's will fit stock now add about 6 inches in the front and 6 in the back...that equals 37 inches...so i think they should..if they dont im goin with a saws all and some fender flares

idk if i put F150 coil seats and 2 inch longer coils in the front and 3 inches in the back plus a 3 inch body lift and wheel spacers I should be able to fit them easily just think 31 's will fit stock now add about 6 inches in the front and 6 in the back...that equals 37 inches...so i think they should..if they dont im goin with a saws all and some fender flares

If you put spacers and lift coils in the front you won't be able to align it without new brackets.

okay no coil seats...still i can fit 31 stock so add 2 and 3 you get 5 aqdd that to 31 and you get 36 so i might be fine

okay no coil seats...still i can fit 31 stock so add 2 and 3 you get 5 aqdd that to 31 and you get 36 so i might be fine

maybe if they where 8.5 inches wide.35x12.50 will fit on a 5.5 lift but will rub

aight so how about 35/10.50/15....if i trim the plastics these should fit with some wheel spacers rite?

im running 33x12.5s on just 2" of lift. i have trimmed a few inches on the rear of my front fenders and completely hacked up the plastic inside the wheel wells. so I think 35X12.5s may fit on 2 more inches of lift, with maybe a bit more trimming. ive seen plenty of people do 35s on 5 inches of lift though, with a liberal amount of trimming.

yeh i saw this one guy running 35's witha 3 inch BL and 2 inch suspension lift and he had my same ride

I have 4" of lift and 33's and my fenders need trimming. It's nowhere close to being ok.

A guy might clear 35's on 5" of lift but I'd bet as soon as there's any stuffage they will rub pretty good.

If you aren't going to offroad the truck it might be ok.

i have 33x12.50 on 5.5 and at full stuff they come VERY close to rubbing,if i was air down,they would probably rub,but i rarely stuff them.i had a set of 35x12.50 on the same rims and lift and they barley rubbed, but did.im more of a mud and sand guy,only time i stuff is in the woods going over logs and stumps.im adding 2 more inches and 36x13.50s after gears

i have a 91 4door that has the 2 inch coils up front and 2 inch shackles in the back with a 3 inch bodylift with 33-12.50/15 groundhawgs and they scrub when i turn. if im flexed it scrubs the edge of the fender but hasnt done any damage yet. 35s? i doubt will fit on mine. majority of what i do is crawlin through ditches and such and a lil mudriding. have alot of rock and gravel pits around here i play in

well im more of a deep mud guy so they will only be used for getting through the woods and stuff. so no true flexing. maybe ill go down to 33's idk but i would love 35's but money is an option here

Back