• Register Today It's free!

Cheap suspension lift questions

rsplatt

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
I have done the searches and can't find exactly what I am looking for. From what I have read, I can do all of the following for a small lift: coil spacers, shackles, and add a leafs. Now, the questions.

1. I see the coil spacers referred to as "F150". Are these some kind of stock spacer out of the F150s?
2. Am I going to need a longer shock? I plan on replacing the shocks anyway, just need to know if I need stock length.
3. Will I need anything else in the front to accomodate the lift(brake lines, radius arm, etc.)?
4. The spacer is just something that goes on the existing spring perch and raises the spring, correct?

Sorry for the elementary questions. I am fairly new to the whole off-roading aspect of cars. I have drag raced for years.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1.Yes iot is the spring seat from a F150.(1996 2wd)
2.No you will not need longer shocks your stock ones will work fine. You can find shocks for 0-2in of lift if you want.
3.You will need and alignment after installing the new spacers which may reqire new camber bushings.
4.Yes.
Hope this helps.

Also check this link for pics and instructions: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/factoryspacer.htm

are you 4x2 or 4x4? if you are 4x2 you WILL need longer bolts. You can go to ford for the spacers for $40 bucks. just seacher here for "f 150 coil spacer part number"

It is 4x4. I think I might have the spacers secured. Just need to get the shackles and AAL for the back. Thanks all.

if you just get spacers , you most likely not need both shackles and aal's . just go the shackles ...

Back