• Register Today It's free!

Lift Shackles

prtfreak

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Mountaineer; JP13
So when my explorer's tranny went and had to get rid of it I bought a 98 mountaineer. When I waslooking up lifts for this truck I couldnt really find much. Driving the truck on the beach one day i met a kid who lifted his 97 sport. I asked him what he used and he told me he used a warrior shackle that only lifted it 1 1/4". So I had 2" lift shackles made.
Stock shackle(left) Custom Lift shackles(right) 2" for 91-99 Ford Explorer/95-99 Mercury Mountaineer. Created by Sal Sr. of Unknown Motorsports

101_0396.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome to the forum!
the warrior shackles i have are 4" longer then stock it raised the back almost 2 " before settling. but the sport he had may have only had the mono leaf in it, which could be why he only got 1 1/4 out of it. those look pretty nice someone went to a great deal to replicate the factory style.... dont forget pryer to installing those soak all the bolts with some penetrating oil of some kind mine didnt come out easily good luck with it

Is the shop that made your shackles a local one in NY or do they have a website? They look way better than other stuff I've seen so far.

I actually had the guy that runs my car club make them, I'll talk to him about how much he'd charge if you want?

i would also be interested in a set

Alright I'll talk to him today

They look great, I like the extended stock appearance. They look shorter than warrior shackles though, if so they won't lift as much as the warrior shackles.

It looks like you made the shackle 2" bigger overall, The thing is that will only raise it 1". To get the 2" of lift you are after, you will need to make them 4" bigger overall. Thats the reason the warrior shackles look so much bigger.

Thanks for the advice, I'll have him make a set so we can make sure

hey i was readin through this post and was curious what the mono leaf is. please write back.

Mono leaf- one leaf spring.

4-door Ex, stacked leaf:

131564_shock%20mount%20(576%20x%20432).jpg

2-door Ex, mono leaf.

attachment.php

Mono leaf is a single rear leaf spring. The trucks either come with the mono otherwise its usually a three leaf

If you could i would be interested in a set of those shackles.

Back