lifted 2003 exploder | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lifted 2003 exploder

so I also called the dealership and the guy was being kinda shady...first he said they were body lifts..then he said they were fabtech...when I asked him for the part number he said they make their own in the shop...I wanted to tell him he was a moron..then he told me to drive to cali so they could do it..yea thats right I live in NC...as for another lift I was reading in one of the offroad magazines that superlift makes a 4" lift kit for 04 explorer/sport trac...its like $1,800..does anyone know if a ranger body lift like the 883 kit would work on these explorers? I have read just about every post on these body lifts, but I have this really weird feeling the steering extension and all the other good stuff isnt going to work lol :confused: if anyone can think of something please respond or hit me with a PM...

Jen

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the 04 sport track is not interchangeable with the 04 explorer

it says explorer/sport trac...are they meaning both? or just explorer sport trac?

Just sport trac
As of yet there are no suspenion lift kits for the 2002+ explorers
The sport track is based on the 95-01 platform

well someone is fabricating a lift cuz those explorers on that dealerships website are 2003's and 2004's...I think I will just put my sweetheart charm on and get it out of them =)

Hey all..I own a 2002 XLT 4 door..I just called a place in maryland and they said they can do a lift using a ford ranger kit...anyone know the year that would work best? The place said it is possible, it was just up to me to buy whatever I wanted...I really only wanna lift 2-3 inches, as I still need the car to fit into my parking garage at school here (6'11 is the height of the garage)

not sure what ranger lift their talkin about but did they say if its suspension or body? cuz I was thinking about using the 883 kit like I did on my 96 except I have no clue what I am going to do about the steering extension because they are obviously different...as for the radiator mounts and bumper I would just make my own brackets...

They are assuming you have a 2002 Sport or Sport Trac. The ranger kit will NOT work on your third gen explorers.

ya but could a body lift be adapted to work?

the 98+ Ranger kit can be made work on 3rd gens. I just met a guy today that goes to school here that has a lifted 3rd gen. I went up to him and asked him about it. He also has Ranch Hand type bupers on front and rear..he said they were from a Ranger also, but with modded brackets. I didnt have my phone with me so I didnt get any pictures, but I told him about this website....so hopefully he will get us some pictures/info. I will take my camera with me tomorrow in case I see him again.

did the steering extension work from the kit on the explorer steering?

A body lift would probably work, but I assumed you were speaking of a suspension lift.

no I already know i am sol on the whole suspension lift but as for body lifts i am hoping I can use one of the ranger kits...did it on my 96...lol figured I could on my 04...but I dont wanna order it come to find out the steering extension is not going to work...if I could actually get one of these people with a lifted 3rd gen. to give me some info that would be awesome

These Guys Are ####in ****!!!!! i saw numerous explorers in the area from them, they cut the stock a arms and do very shotty work, one guy had a 98 with 33s and is suing for 400000 due to a roll over on the freeway on a turn because the a arms buckle, PLEASE none do anything with these guys, i was stationed there and researched them alot!

I called and ask oone guy what it was he told me that its both they use a ranger kit and longer spendals i dont know what kit they used but he said that its a six in lift

ive been seeing a lot of the explorers driving around with the irs. The front is no problem to lift, since it is the same (ive even seen a fabtech spindle on one). We just bought an 06 explorer with the irs. im gunna look under it today and see how the rear is set up. Are there actually like 2 driveshafts that go left and right from the rear axle to spin the tires. what about a coil spacer for the rear (2.5") that wouldnt make the rear bind would it.

as to the body lift or not... wouldnt the hitch hang below the body more if it were body???

i was just at airbagit.com. then went to lifted trucks -> Ford -> 4"-10" lifts. They have a 4.5" lift for '02+ explorers for around $1650. It's says that is a prototype. This may be worth checking into. By the way what is the deal with these suspensions. One guy told me that it had some thing to do with computerized ride control???. Another said "The rear half is the problem"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So... I've read all these threads and what I want to know is ... I have an 03 Explorer, I have put Coopers tyres on it which lifted it 15mm (the max you can lift with a tyre in Australia). She still drags when we go into country like the Victorian High Country. Is there a lift kit for the 03 Explorer ???

How much do I need to hassle Superlift to get one, I send them emails once a month so they must be getting sick of that painful female from Australia...

Went camping last weekend (in the snow) and had a wonderful time. EXplorers have such a bad reputation in Australia but mine goes really well. We crossed one of the largest deserts in Australia in 2004 and it was fantastic.

One thing - the water pump needed modifications. In their wisdom, Ford put a excess hole in the top of the pump (as well as the usual one at the bottom) so the dust and sand went straight through and buggered the seals. We just put stuff over the top of the pump and it fixed the problem.

Anyway, any advice or updates anyone has re a lift for the 03 model would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Louise.

Back