• Register Today It's free!

Lifting questions

jonlax

Reaction score
City, State
Bensalem, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 xlt
Well this weekend i am going to do a TT and i can't seem to figure out what to do in the rear. I have a 99 sport so should i just put F-150 leafs or get shackels and keep the mono leafs? I want some articulation so will the F-150 leafs prevent this? Also i from reading around this is where i got that the F-150 leafs would fit. What year F-150 leafs fit my 99? If do put the F-150 will i get 2 inches of lift or will i need shackels too?

Thanks, Jon

I'd put 4dr Leaf Springs on and possibly shackles or a Add-A-Leaf.

-Drew

What about articulation with the 4 door leafs? Also how many inches with that put me up? I am look for 2-21/2 inches max. Will the shackels with the stock leafs get up up to that?

Thanks, jon

Warrior shackles will give you about 1.5" lift, possibly a bit less. You will also continue to flatten out your monoleaf springs. For 2.5" lift, you'll probably want both shackles and newer 4-door leaf springs (which will simply return your sagging springs to normal height).

If you can budget a few hundred bucks, your best bet for articulation will be new 2" lift springs (Old Man Emu, Deaver, National, Carrier). Search the forums as this has been talked about a lot.

Back