Lifting with spacers, few questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifting with spacers, few questions

apolsinelli

Reaction score
City, State
Coopersburg, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT V8
Hey guys/gals,

I am looking at doing the 3in lift. (3in front 2.5in back) i am considering making my own spacers (thick walled steel tube and like 1/4 plate on either side or if you have suggestions on that..) my main concern, do you need extended UCAs? I know btf sells them, but is it something i need to do the lift?

Any help is appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anything over 2.5" of lift the upper ball joint will start to bind against the coil in the front.

so if i do a 2.25 and 1.5 rear i wouldnt have issues?

2.25 front 1.5 rear is still pushing it without the BTF arms in my opinion. My recommendation: do a 3" body lift, and a very mild spacer lift. Like a 1.5" front spacer and 1" rear spacer. That should look tall, provide plenty of clearance for bigger tires, and help you avoid most suspension issues. Here's a pic of what that would look like:

Untitled-1.jpg

Ronin, that is a good set up, do you happen to recall the measurement from pavement to fender trim?

Thanks ronin. I am putting Rancho quick lifts all four, and some 255 Mickeys. Sorry to butt in.

I like the looks of that. Im curious, are those "sliders" something you made? also what tires/rims are those. i really like that.

Back