• Register Today It's free!

Few Questions

thadoubler33

Reaction score
City, State
stony brook
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 explorer
Hey whats up guys my 1st post hear i got a few simple question i need some help with
1. how do i remove the roof rack?
2.is it possible to get a clear colorerd turn bulb for the clear corners
3.can i get avaitor navigator chrome window trim?
4. who or how would i go about smoken out the back tail lights?
i thank you guys for the help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well i can cover some of that for u

u can get clear corners for an 02-05... just check out ebay or hit up a froogle search... im not sure exactly where to get them but i kno they are made

and to smoke out the back lites... idk wut ur definition of "smoke" the back lights is but i kno u can get ero-style black taillights.. just check some accessories stores online to find it cuz i kno its made also

and im not really sure if aviator stuff will fit ur windows cuz i kno they are built on the same frame but i dont think the windows are the same size... i would actually find an aviator and see the differences in the two

later

Ebays the best for clear corners. Do you know if theyre legal or not? I'm trying to get a strait answer on that

to remove the roof rack just use a flat head and "pop" off the (plastic) parts. underneath that you will see some bolts. use the appropriate hex (or something like that) to undoe. be careful when you undoe them. they are kinda sensitive as with othe ford parts...

um your answer to the rest ype www.motors.ebay.com and click on the left side to type explorer 2002-2005. the rest is just scrolling for your clears and your (aviator i assume) "trim" there will be a six piece available for about 50.00. pay more or less...

as far as smokin the tails do a search at the top of the page (type "smoke tails" or the like) and there you go. there's literally a can of "paint" that allows you to get the proper "smoke" to your likeing on the market.

i thank you guys for the respones about the window trim im acculty looken for the window sill trims that goes underneathe the windows not the pillars any sugestions on how i can get that?

i thank you guys for the respones about the window trim im acculty looken for the window sill trims that goes underneathe the windows not the pillars any sugestions on how i can get that?

No, but there's a few guys on cardomain that have it so i know it's possible. I just don't know the price. If you find out please let me know!!!

Just bought my aviator trim today from ford for $240 for all four doors. Install will be within a couple weeks.

Ebays the best for clear corners. Do you know if theyre legal or not? I'm trying to get a strait answer on that

They are legal in all 50 states BUT, when you start putting in colored bulbs is where the legality comes into the question. For the most part, blue, red, and green are illegal in most states. red and blue=emergency vehicle, green=military. purple and "xenon" blue lights are the best bet. I have clear corners with green LEDs and havent been pulled over yet :)

the "paint" for the tail lights is called nightshades by VHT. i get it locally at an auto parts store. ive done my explorer tails, my navajo tails, and my corner lenses with it.

make sure the clear corners you buy have reflectors in them, thats the only thing that would make them illegal. The law states that all side markers have a reflector in them so a cars lights coming from the side will reflect, most do now due to some law suits.

Back