Lifting? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

iitsfrost

Reaction score
City, State
Piedmont, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer XLT
Question: Would it be worth putting on new leaf spring shackles and then a t-bar crank to gain an inch of lift, and then installing a 3-inch body lift kit?
From my understanding for a 98 they don't make body lift kits but I remember seeing somewhere you can use a ranger body kit on it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I installed new Warrior rear spring shackles because the old ones were almost rusted through & I got the replacement ones for a real good price. They added about 1" of lift to the rear of our 99 Explorer Sport & then I did a minor T-bar crank on the front. Here is how it sits now.

100_1635.JPG

I installed new aluminum rear spring shackles because the old ones were almost rusted through & I got the replacement ones for a real good price. They added about 1" of lift to the rear of our 99 Explorer Sport & then I did a minor T-bar crank on the front. Here is how it sits now.

View attachment 330035
Oh cool! I might just do the shackles and t-bar crank and then decide if I want to do a body lift or not.

What sizes tires are you looking to run?

I really don’t think I’d want aluminum shackles....

I goofed they rear shackles are steel not aluminum. Sorry for the misinformation.

Back