Light problem! HELP! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Light problem! HELP!

phat97exp

Reaction score
I have a major problem with my lights, well to me its a major problem. Ok first off, I had all superwhites in my explorer. Lets start with the foglights. One of the bulbs in the foglights blew up, now the foglights wont even work! Even when I hit the button in the car, it wont even indicate that the lights are on or off, I dont think it even lights up! Second one of my corner light bulbs always shorts out, i have to go out and hit the corner for it to come on. And last my low-beams dont work! And I dont know where my fuse is located for my headlights because my Explorer didn't come with a manual!:( Does anyone have anysuggestions to help me out? I would really be thankful for it!

Its possible that the fog light blew a fuse. The marker light either has a bad bulb or there is a ground problem. Try replacing the bulb and while you have it apart check for any corrosion in the socket. Also check the wireing for any unusual cuts in the insulation. Your head lights don't have a fuse. Have you tried changing the bulbs to see if you get a low beam with a known good bulb.

Yea, for the headlights, I tried about 2 or 3 different bulbs, but I think one of them were for high beam use only and the others were just old bulbs I had, so I will go buy a new pair. And for the foglights like i said before one of them blew up, maybe both, i dont remember, but there is some weird stuff at the plugs, maybe corrosion, can I just cut the plugs and and replace them or would I have to do all rewiring?

Back