Another pass side head light problem???help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Another pass side head light problem???help

Beezman7

Reaction score
City, State
Algonquin, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Eddie Bauer 4x4
Ok heres the story got home from the service and my pass headlight low beam stopped working ....the console computer say bulb out ok checked buld ok ...did my research lamp out module ...found it took it out ...it was the problem ...soo i fixed it by sodering and the headlight worked fine again for a month....No my low beam pass no work again but high beams still work like before and the console computer not telling me bulb is out and bulb is good ????? so now i have no idea ????????????

any help would be great
thanks
Tom

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you "no fixy good"...:).... it is most likely the same problem.... the high beams don't go thru the LOM anyway.

well it did work right after for a month or soo after i fixed ....but dont you think the computer should be telling me a bulb is out ???? soo should i get another lom or re solder???

Well it depends on what/where the problem is. You should re-check you work again... odds are the solder job isn't necessarily good as that's why tech's get the big money ... :)... further there is significant power (current) travelling thru these "areas" so "marginal" circuitry will have problems. Its your call as to whether you can repair it successfully (ie. long term) or want to save your effort / time and just buy a new unit. Me, I keep fixing things as my time is "free", money I ain't got.

soo i should just picl up a good lom then

Well it depends on what/where the problem is. You should re-check you work again... odds are the solder job isn't necessarily good as that's why tech's get the big money ... :)... further there is significant power (current) travelling thru these "areas" so "marginal" circuitry will have problems. Its your call as to whether you can repair it successfully (ie. long term) or want to save your effort / time and just buy a new unit. Me, I keep fixing things as my time is "free", money I ain't got.

Was not my work that was bad LOM is good still after i fixed it now was just a new problem in the harness fried ..all fixed now ..

Back