Limited and power fold mirrors | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Limited and power fold mirrors

It seems to be on some stickers and not on others, but as someone pointed out earlier in the thread, the web page for the Limited shows it as standard equipment.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My sticker didn't have it, but I have power fold. The feature is standard on all limited though. I think the original poster here ended up with a defect where they put the wrong switch in at the plant. That's just my guess though, but a real easy fix. If they had forgot the right wire harness, motors or mirrors there is no way the car would make it out of the plant.

This thread has really saved my day. We ordered a limited but thought nothing of the folding mirrors. Given some time to think about our garage situatin this might be a great thing to have. The tag doesn't say we have power folding mirrors, but we have about everything else so I'm crossing my fingers it's on the X, plus this gadet will be as useful as I sounds. I've driven trucks but not an SUV. Can hardly wait!
Hear the choir, this waiting is the pits! (worse than a kid at Christmas)

Dealer said eta was 4/4 now its 4/12. Train drops it off at Kansas City, truck drives it here. Not holding my breath for this one. :p:

After reading this thread, I am now happy to have this feature for pulling up to an ATM (allowing me to get closer) or pulling into a bank drive through as I'm always watching my mirrors so they don't hit.

I wouldhve the deler replace it with the correct one.

That's the problem. My dealer is clueless and will not research it. He states that if its not on the stcicker then my X doesn't have it. I PM'd Seni, who is researching it.

That's the problem. My dealer is clueless and will not research it. He states that if its not on the stcicker then my X doesn't have it. I PM'd Seni, who is researching it.

Wow. Tell him the steering wheel isn't on the sticker but the vehicle obviously needs one.

Dawgsfan,

I see that you received my PM. Please send me your VIN, mileage and dealer name via PM so that I may have all of the information necessary to provide you with the best answer. Thank you.

Seni

Some updated information on the auto fold via the MFT???? Also, maybe some electrician expert can suggest how to modify or interrupt the switch so they can fold automatically when lock the car. I think this is a most...

Thanks in advance..

Some updated information on the auto fold via the MFT???? Also, maybe some electrician expert can suggest how to modify or interrupt the switch so they can fold automatically when lock the car. I think this is a most...

Thanks in advance..
I haven't heard anything about there being an auto fold of the mirrors via the MFT. Right now it is done via a manual switch. I personally would not want my mirrors to fold every time I lock the door. In many cases it isn't necessary and just think of the wear on the motors. In 9 months of ownership, I have only folded the mirrors twice.

I have found the folding mirror a plus especially while living in Seattle. I have sat in my car in a parking garage and witnessed a person walk into the mirror. Luckily, the mirrors were designed to "break away".
I wish the windows could be raised and lowered via the remote.

I will also like the windows to go up and down thru the remote like my 350Z.

Back