Little bro's getting an EX! Important Q first. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Little bro's getting an EX! Important Q first.

Okay now.........

My parents bought it for $7,500. Which by the way i got very upset when they told me that. Didn't get a warranty, and one of the heated seats doesn't work. My mom is going to make them pay for the seat and from what she told me earlier is that the dealer's gonna pay for the first $200 to fix that and anything over my mom's going to pay. That sounds like BS to be and i'm not going to let that even happen (if i have any thing to do w/ it).

Another thing, apparently, my mom noticed (which i didn't) is that the inside of the doors are rusting. I am soooooo PO'd right now it's not even funny. It's just like my parents to rush into something like this.

We can return the vehicle w/in three business days (which once again, if i have anything to do w/ it, is going to happen).

I am taking it to get a diagnostic check tomorrow just to see if there's anything else wrong w/ it. I don't care what they say, i'm not gonna let my family blow money on this. It's rediculous, it's gonna have absolutely no resale value "if" we buy it...

Thanks for all of the good ideas and suggestions everyone has given me. You all were pretty much my deciding factor.

00XLS, tell them you want it for 8700 with the warranty. They will tell you no way. You leave. Come back in a few days and offer the same thing. If they don't move the units fast enough, the financing they have on them will eat up all of their profit. What kind of warranty? I'd want AT LEAST 36k on an Explorer. You can get a "Cars" extended warranty up to 48 months with unlimited miles for under a grand. They cover a lot of the electronic things.

Mbrooks420, I'll give that a shot. The warrenty is a 3/38 K mile one and covers alot more than just the engine, tranny ect, not everything but its a decent warrenty. He buys the cars at auction I think and I've been meaning to look at this one since about late may I think. It all depends if my mom wants my X, shes in need of a new car and has taken a liking to it. If not, oh well I'm still alright my payments are just a bit higher and I have a few less toys. Thanks for the advice.

Explorer4x493:

I can understand your frustration! As we get older, we find that we have to "parent" our parents. However, they are adults and capable of making their own decisions (even wrong ones). Do what you can to help, but sometimes you just have to back off, bite your tongue, and resist the temptation to say "I told you so" later.

Bob

Back