Livernois Motorsports and Engineering Announces New & Improved Custom Tuning | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Livernois Motorsports and Engineering Announces New & Improved Custom Tuning

I installed this this update last week and like them. The most notable difference seems that there more refined feeling. To me it feels the power comes on sooner with a less abrupt feeling when it hits. The butt dyno feels no loss or gain in power just a difference in delivery. This is just a blanket feeling as I've not been to the track with either tune to compare but those who have raced sometimes know that smoother is sometimes faster.

I'm very pleased with the update and even more so that livernois is taking the time and energy to update the tunes for improvement. A tuner I've used in the past either doesn't update or charges for any updates. Kudos to livernois and you've gained a repeat customer.

You are very welcome guys and thank you for the positive feedback. We are continuously improving our tunes as more street miles are logged on our shop and personal vehicles. Glad to keep everyone updated with our most current revisions and feel free to send us an email if you have not already forwarded your request to our inbox.

info@livernoismotorsports.com
313-561-5500
www.livernoismotorsports.com

Did the v3 today. Truck feels alot faster down low. Up high feels the same. Shifts quicker in my mind...overall doesnt feel more powerful per se, just quicker.

gonna go to test n tune friday..see if I can break my previous best

Did the v3 today. Truck feels alot faster down low. Up high feels the same. Shifts quicker in my mind...overall doesnt feel more powerful per se, just quicker.

gonna go to test n tune friday..see if I can break my previous best

Any updates on how the v3 tune performs ?
Who's been to the track with it ?

Red13Sport

Guys,

We have some great news for those of you with our Mycal tuning device for the 2013+ Explorer Sport and 2013+ SHO models. We have just released a new tune revision that has some very noticeable improvements in engine performance, transmission performance, and overall drivability characteristics. These new tune files have gained upwards of 10hp over our previous tunes here on our dyno. We have also eliminated the need for a special cold weather (CW) tune, and improved upon the "no shift" condition present on these cars on the 1-2 shift. This 1-2 shift issue has even been present on completely stock vehicles that we have encountered, so this is a big improvement in that area.

For updated tune file requests or to place your new orders please email or PM your requests including Full name, current modifications, and serial number of your tuner info@livernoismotorsports.com Click here to visit our website

Hello everyone,
there is a bit of conversation ongoing about Ex Sport performance on this thread:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414502

There is question to Livernois, probably to Anthony.

What was found out that same 3.5L Ecoboost engine has different torque and power for different models. Like Ex Sport has all torque available starting from 3500RPM while Taurus SHO has all torque already at 1500RPM. And there are many more examples for other vehicles of Ford and Lincoln brands.
Are those different numbers achieved just by special tuning for each vehicle or there are some different parts installed?
Anthony, could you please step in and explain a bit?

Back