• Register Today It's free!

Lloyds floor mats

herebyproxy

Reaction score
City, State
Luthersville, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
I ordered a pair of Lloyds floor mats for my 00 Sport. The fit was perfect, however if I had it to do over again I would buy another brand.

The mats are average quality and the backing allows the passenger side to slide around as there's no grommet hook on that side.

I have seen 40.00 universal mats that were better quality.

Just sayin'

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hate buyers remorse or disappointing products.

My 99 Eddie still has the original and and we are in the nasty snow/salt-belt, they are still in darn fine shape considering there are 217k on them.

There's nothing better than the OEM mats. I wish I could find them, or some competent companies could reproduce them.

Yep, junkyards or eBay. I searched for 4 good mats for my last Ex for about 4 months before I found 4 good ones. Then the cleaning started...

FYI- many clothing dry cleaners like Martinizing, etc. will do floor mats, and produce some amazing results...

Joe Dirt - do you happen to know if 05 mats will fit a second gen?

No, the floor cuts are different.

I have some universal mats for the front. I had them in my Protege prior to my Explorer. I think they may be Goodyear mats that I got at PepBoys. The fit isn't great- I had to do some trimming on the passenger side, but the coverage is good and they stay put. They fill up with lots of sand and gravel and are easy to dump out, so they must be working.

The factory front mats are gross- enough to keep Joe Dirt up late at night pacing back and forth in a cold sweat.

The back has Husky Liners. Not impressed. They came with the Explorer when I bought it (almost a year ago). They slide around and it's a 2 piece design- the larger side is suppose to fit under the smaller side (overlaps a little). They are also like a bowl- very deep dish. They'd hold a lot of water but because they are so tall, they catch feet easily as well.

Nope Tom, an upholstery brush and pressure washer would have me in bed by 9:00pm... :D

Anyone tried the rubber ones from Walmart? Not sure what brand they are. I'm looking for some for mine so I don't have to shampoo the carpet again. It's just such a pain.

I have some "Wal-Mart" mats in my VUE- lots of brands there, not sure which I grabbed. This will be like their 7th winter. They are working fine. The driver's mat is peeling a little where the right heel rests on the mat.

I can take pics of all my cheap-o mats tonight.

I have some "Wal-Mart" mats in my VUE- lots of brands there, not sure which I grabbed. This will be like their 7th winter. They are working fine. The driver's mat is peeling a little where the right heel rests on the mat.

I can take pics of all my cheap-o mats tonight.

That'd be great if you could. It's help me decide which I want to get.

Back