OEM All-Season Floor Mats | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OEM All-Season Floor Mats

Say that's pretty nifty! And yes I need the saleen pedals as well!

BTW, those pedal inserts have been available for a long time, I bought a pair about ten years ago, thinking some used parts may turn up. The pedals never have that I've heard of. But I figured maybe a machine shop could make the pedal cover to match the insert, minus the Saleen letters. The inserts used to turn up for around $40, they are self adhesive with that diamond texture that looks good.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was thinking about it and i bet a machine shop could make me pedal covers with a matching T handle for the B&M ratchet shift and that would look slick in there.

Finally put the mats in my '97!
20201213_134558.jpg
20201213_134612.jpg

That looks amazing! And i never knew there was a cover never saw one! haha!

What is that cut out on passenger side of center near the floor?

Do you know where i can get the obd2 cover?
That looks amazing! And i never knew there was a cover never saw one! haha!
The only place I've found them is in local salvage yards. Yards I go to won't even charge for a little plastic part like that. I think I've had two of them "misplaced" by mechanics over the years, so now I keep a handful in my parts stash for when the next one gets lost haha!

Well isnt that fancy with the extra little 12v port!

The only place I've found them is in local salvage yards. Yards I go to won't even charge for a little plastic part like that. I think I've had two of them "misplaced" by mechanics over the years, so now I keep a handful in my parts stash for when the next one gets lost haha!
Do you have one I could buy?

Only the full length consoles had that. The others have it inside the ashtray drawer in the dash. I installed that ashtray into my 99 Limited. You can see it below in the bottom center of my dash, the lighter grey ashtray drawer.

Projectthread108.JPG

Only the full length consoles had that. The others have it inside the ashtray drawer in the dash. I installed that ashtray into my 99 Limited. You can see it below in the bottom center of my dash, the lighter grey ashtray drawer.
Ah yes, I forgot about the ashtray jack (my buddy's manual Ranger has that setup). There's still a jack on the dash bezel too though, right?

What style console did you end up going with in your '99?

Yes, the radio bezel 12v outlet is in all of them. I left the console out, for work space delivering mail. I put parcels there and my scanner, boxholders etc. Space is a premium in a mail truck these days, I've been luck so far to not need my roof rack much yet. Monday on my day off there were over 300 parcels, which is more than I've ever had on any route. It was a hell of a bad day, and I heard about it a lot on Tuesday. I only had about 175 that next day, which was manageable.

That makes sense.

I had a friend who drove a '91 XLT with a front bench seat in high school and I was always impressed with how much space there is without a console. Do you have a build thread for your mail truck mods? It sounds like you've got a great setup!

That makes sense.

I had a friend who drove a '91 XLT with a front bench seat in high school and I was always impressed with how much space there is without a console. Do you have a build thread for your mail truck mods? It sounds like you've got a great setup!

Yes that's a link in my signature, I used my old 93 Limited body to repair a rolled 99 Limited. Both had been totaled, and reconstructed. Now after I retire I'm not sure whether to keep going with it. I was going to fab a wider and longer roof rack, upgrade one door, the hatch(98-01's) and paint it again, and convert it to 306/AWD. But maybe for a mail carrier I might be best to sell it like it is. We'll see what money and time I have later, the 306 was going to be a 275rwhp project.

99/93 Explorer Limited A4WD

Yes that's a link in my signature, I used my old 93 Limited body to repair a rolled 99 Limited. Both had been totaled, and reconstructed. Now after I retire I'm not sure whether to keep going with it. I was going to fab a wider and longer roof rack, upgrade one door, the hatch(98-01's) and paint it again, and convert it to 306/AWD. But maybe for a mail carrier I might be best to sell it like it is. We'll see what money and time I have later, the 306 was going to be a 275rwhp project.

99/93 Explorer Limited A4WD
Oh, my bad, I have read through your 99/93 thread before -- what a cool build! For some reason I was thinking the picture was from your other '99 Limited, but now I recognize the picture.

Personally, I prefer the '95-97 tailgate with the plate down on the bumper, but I suppose the neon center light could get complicated on a custom setup.

I like this 93 tailgate as it has worked flawlessly for all the miles I have used it. I like both, but I prefer the 98-01, and the 95-97 is like the 91-94 except for the brake light and wiper motor/wiring.

I bought two 98 Limited's later on for work use, the black one to keep and sell my prior 98 Mercury. Lots to do, so little time and money etc.

Does your ash tray one work as a 12v? Mine only works with a cigarette lighter. I was going to convert it over with one from something else or buy one but its like that in both my trucks?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does your ash tray one work as a 12v? Mine only works with a cigarette lighter. I was going to convert it over with one from something else or buy one but its like that in both my trucks?

I haven't used it as a power outlet honestly, I have a power port installed into my rear hatch jamb, for my roof strobe light. That is on a 20amp fuse and I used it for an air pump 12v source before. Now I carry a battery powered air pump(Milwaukee). I built my 99 truck in 2006, and some things have changed. I installed a large 12v air compressor mounted to the frame behind the rear tire, but didn't finish the air tank and line installations. It's wired up with a marine relay under the hood, and 8ga power wires(could run 30amps continuous).

Projectthread101.jpg

Back