Locker choice for 2000 front D35

Dre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 FPIU
What are the choices as far as lockers go for the front end of the 2000 "X"?

does ARB make one? or it's not there yet...

thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yours is AWD or 4WD? well can always convert...

mine is 4wd. it's got the A4WD, 4HI, 4LO switch.

Aussie and lock-rite. Basically the same locker, but the Aussie may be (supposedly) a little bit stronger.

supposedly I am not totally sure but detroit true tracs are now offered for front d35 ifs axles. However this is limited slip although gear type but still limited slip

well I need to know if an ARB will fit in there. I think they have one listed on their website but only for Explorers till 1997... what gives?

well I need to know if an ARB will fit in there. I think they have one listed on their website but only for Explorers till 1997... what gives?
95+ Explorers and 98+ Rangers use a unique version of the D35 that is narrower than other D35s. Aussie and Lock Rite make special compact lockers to fit the narrow carrier but most aftermarket companies do not support this "*******" D35. Rather than trust the catalog listing, I would check with ARB tech support before ordering.

I know about the difference... it's just that they list one for Explorer II but untill 1997 - could be 1997 Ranger...

thanks.

Back