Longer Sway bar Links

Spdrcer34

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bremerton, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XL
Stock size Sway bar link is ~4" center to center.

I need a swaybar link that is ~5.5" to ~6" center to center.

Anyone know of an application that I should ask for when ordering one?

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you have access to a welder just cut the stock ones and extend them. Or take them to a shop. wont cost much at all

Yes, I have a MIG welder

I was thinking of doing that today.....

Ryan

Call summit and give them the tech info they will find the links for you :thumbsup:

At least they sold me a pair that was 2" longer then stock for the front (Energy S.), I can't find any replacements at all for the rear other than from ford.

You guys have 2nd Gen's......the sway bar endlinks are nothing more than a steel sleeve....I have a 1st gen, with a 'dogbone' style endlink

I REALLY need to get this done.....this thing is WILD on the roads....

Ryan

Given, but several manufacturers carry lift lits for the 1st gen and there are likely extended versions. Check out the link. Now they only list 3" skyjackers as the smallest, but you should at least give a call and they can likely help find the appropriate part for you.
http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/SwayBarLinks.htm

GO TO THE JUNK YARD.

Look at Rangers, Explorer's F-150's.
I have a mish mosh of various year ranger based truck sway bars pieces on my BII, I believe I am using Explorer Gen I rear dog legs on my TTB up front with Ranger STX front doglegs on the frame in the back :) Works like stock even with 6" lift. Ford Superduties even have nifty rod end style joints instead of bushings on the dog legs...

Found the solution:

My 2wd X used ~4" links, my 4wd X uses ~6.25" links

I just installed some 4wd links, problem solved.

Ryan

Back