• Register Today It's free!

Looking at a b2 to buy?

balzacbeach

Reaction score
City, State
Balzac Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
84 B2
Found this and wonder if it sounds like a good deal?

1990 bronco2 4x4 power windows ,but elec. motors are weak,power locks,ac is cold 3.9 v6 ,new 33x12.50.15 mud bfg tires x5 custom rear drive line ,new top end ,heads rebuilt,all gaskets new water pump,t,stat ,all new belts ,new spark plugs ,wires cap rotor and new battery/starter ,new radiator ,jvc cd deck,on board air , 5in lift front, lock right ,sweet offroad good daily driver manners even freeway ,one year on rebuilt trans ,engine still real strong, never used desert rat 8k winch ,163k on truck but very strong even with the33's, new cat converter and glasspack style exhaust ,3sp w/od 1k on rebuilt trans.

Any comments welcome, I do mostly mild wheeling, I am wondering if the ride would be similiar to my previous 00 TJ with 31's and 4" lift? We are old and my wife can't take much rough stuff ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would make sure that rig has a D35 front axle under it (and not the D28) with those 33" tires (some '90s did come stock with it).
Also try to find out if the axles have been regeared (4.56 minimum, 4.88 ideally for 33s). Without a regear, the 2.9L V6 will be a slug regardless of how strong he thinks it is (2.9s need to rev in order to make good power).

Ride will probably be on par with a mildly-modded TJ, given the stiff springs on most BII suspension lifts, though it doesn't have to be. Swapping the shocks for Bilsteins & some softer springs will make a huge difference in ride (James Duff or Skyjacker, or better still, coils for a Jeep XJ can be fitted as well, which is what I run).

As for the weak window motors, I suspect the motors themselves are probably fine, the slide channels for the window regulators probably just need to be lubricated (I did this on mine and what were sluggish windows now roll up much quicker).

Asking $2000,
Has 3.9 V6
will check on the axles

Asking $2000,
Has 3.9 V6
35 front and 8 1/4" rear
"Lots of power, doesn't need axle ratio change"
Has aftermarket rear springs.

for 2K it is a steal as long as it lives up to the billing.

Doesnt need regeared bk it has gobs of power? 8 1/4 rear? Sounds like a used car salesman, id steer clear. 3.9? Pretty much cant believe a word this dude says. Just be careful bk none of those things make sense in a bII

Yeah no such thing as 3.9L lol (at least in a Ford).
$2K is a good deal if the tires are fairly new and it truly does have all the things he's saying (and it's not beat or rusted to hell). But with the fact he can't get simple stuff like the engine size and the axle correct (especially while claiming all those new engine parts :eek: ) makes me more than a little leery about it, to say the least.
I'd look that thing over real close before you buy it.

yeah its the shiz, just ask the guy that doesn't know anything about it haha. I feel like 2k is to much for a bII of any kind, not bk I don't love them but bk not many people do, so they aren't in high demand. good luck, you should post up some pics if you got em

Thanks for comments, is it possible the 3.9 is out of a 64 Mustang? I looked for a 3.9 and found the Mustang listed.

Way too much money, and too many ify items. If your just doing mild wheeling then a more or less stock B2 will be fine. I know everyones definition of mild wheeling is different, but if your that old ( I'm only 65) then I would not mess with one that is highly modified. The extremely built B2 that I have now was originally bought by my best friend who bought it off the show room floor in 84, we took it every year for years in the Appalachian mts on hunting and fishing trips. Then I drove for several years from WV to Balt and DC including more hunting trips. Mostly forested trails. No I did not climb rocks with it. Only a fool would do that. But it did everything I wanted to.

Questioned the seller and the 3.9 was a typo., it is a 2.9. He bought this B2 2 years ago and did none of the work on it.

I made a deal for $1800 over the phone as it was in The Pheonix area, then two days later he phoned and told me he sold it for $2500.00 ??

I also bought an 84 B2 in Montana for $650.00, PS, Pw, A/C, Looks good and drives well, but no reverse (auto). I will redo the trans., and lift 4", wheels and tires and take to my place in AZ for the winter. If anyone has wheels and tires (30-32's) I am interested if you are between Montana and AZ. and or west.

581F-4B90-850B-601714FB99AD-30504-00002BD4BC6DB23A.jpg

there are 5 wheels, 4 have some rock rash on them, one has a dent in the lip and one looks pretty new. they have an extra hole drilled in them bk the guy was running stuan internal beadlocks, you would just need to put an extra valve stem in to fix that. 175$

Wondering who has the most cost effective 4" lift kit? (for my 84 B2)

Back