Looking at an '06 EB or '07 Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking at an '06 EB or '07 Limited

tschmidty

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer EB
I am looking at two explorers, same price on both and both have the V8 with towing package. Also both have 3rd row seats and tan interior.

The 06 EB has 73K and I really like the color combo, dark blue with tan accent.

The 07 Limited has 85K and is champagne colored.

The 07 just strikes me as boring and I like the look of the EB so leaning in that direction. Not too worried about the memory seats, heated seats and climate control (the only difference I could see).

Any thoughts?

Also any opinion on getting an extended warranty? $1900 with a $250 deductible up to 150k.

Appreciate any input.

Go with your gut. The pedal adjustment can be important, since the steering column doesn't telescope. Heated seats are great in cold climates, especially with the leather. But, I've hated the color of my '94 Town Car (Amethyst) since I bought it twelve years ago. Wish I'd had a better choice, but it was in great shape and the price was right.

Screw the warranty, especially with $250 deductible. If the exhaust is leaking from the manifold, tell them you'll pay what they're asking if they fix it first. Most other repairs besides tranny, can be taken care of at reasonable cost.

Went with the Eddie Bauer. Sometimes you just gotta go with the one that looks good!

Explorer_1.jpg

Back