Added a little something to my X...... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Added a little something to my X......

BLOODBANE

Reaction score
City, State
Canon City, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
I got busy a week or so ago and added this to my X.........
DSC00031.jpg

Here it is all done and sealed up...........
DSC00035.jpg

For around 100 bucks I don't have to worry about hydrolocking an engine.....:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heres the filter box set up.....
DSC00027.jpg

And with the fuse block in place.......
DSC00028.jpg

The hardest part was cutting the 3 1/2" hole in the fender.....
DSC00024.jpg

I will try to get off my lazy butt and do a write-up on it.........

your truck grew a sprinkler system ;)

you need to cap off the outside air intake from behind the grill area, otehrwise, the snorkel is pointless

It is, I used clear lexan, I just left the factory intake in place(minus being hooked up to the airbox)..

The top piece is from Home Depot not sure what you call it, I was wondering around and said to my self "hey that would work for my top".........
DSC00023.jpg

You should put a K&N pre filter around that piece.
like this:

WrapRoundTapered.jpg

Ryan

theres the truck that made me get boggers, you got one hell of a rig man! Were did you get that top piece? im debating on getting the arb snrokle top or find/make something else. Did you use 3" tubing?

...the cap is called a "B" vent cap, used on water heater and gas fireplaces as a vent cap....:D
...just a heads up but the dryer vent piece coming from the stock box will be your weak link....:scratch:

Yes it is 3" PCV , 1 90 degree elbow and 1 45 degree. To make to bends between the airbox and inner fender, I had to use the dryer vent, but being under the fuse block it shouldn't get hit or abused to bad.
The ARB top is 50 some odd dollars and I will probably go with it eventually and do away with the factory airbox (redesign with out the dryer vent tubing).........

...i believe if you pull your fender you can run 3" pvc inside of it...i have seen it done on several X's on here...;)

cant wait to see it with the arb top, for mine im just going to get some 3" pipe bent up, along with a arb top.

...i believe if you pull your fender you can run 3" pvc inside of it...i have seen it done on several X's on here...;)

Thats how i did mine...worked great:thumbsup: ;) :D

looks good.. sick explorer

Not bad for 'on the cheap' mate, looks alright :)

When I tried a flexible dryer vent between my MAF and TB it crushed!

I would recommend something more rigid on the your DIY CAI. I successfully used a gutter "Flex a Spout". The Suction caused by the engine under acceleration could be a problem.

JM2cents

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used a 3 1/2" holesaw for a drill. worked way better than me trying to freehand it out with the sawsall or DREMEL.........

Back