Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 132 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

55watt hids will make 8k look like 35w 6k, i hope you are running a relay for those 55w ones or you will be in the works for new wiring and some fire damage cost's :)

I dont think theres a relay everythings just plugged in and I hope it doesnt burn up but there is a silver lining.. my insurance company will give me the money for an explorer 1 year newer if it gets totaled(aka burnt up)..I love my explorer but a 4wheel drive would be nice!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New tires

dfsghfdgdf.jpg

sdfgsdfgfd.jpg

2011-09-28_17-08-05_220.jpg

Nothing new really. Just finished washing. Recently debadged and removed the pinstripe. Rotors, brake pads, and shoes set me back some.

Ronin, still planning a trip up to Richmond next June.

Count me in!

Brian, ill trade you my 4wd ex for your v8...and the girl on the right...lol

Count me in!

Your welcome to come Kazer!

Sweet! We'll have to at least do a meet and greet or maybe a trail run if you have time.

I am planning half this trip just so we can do some trail runs haha. The other half is a friend of mine's wedding.

2002 limited v8

hey guys these are the first pics iv posted of my x let me know what you think

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0077.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

Lookin good walrus. It's clean. What size rims and tires?

I havent been on for awhile but I should be finishing up the rest of my lift in about a week or two than the 35 are going on ;)

Yeah Purrin Walrus your explorer is definitely one of the cleanest, some blacked out heads/corners/tails would set it off i think.

2011-09-28_17-08-05_220.jpg

Nothing new really. Just finished washing. Recently debadged and removed the pinstripe. Rotors, brake pads, and shoes set me back some.

Did the paint look any diff where you took the pin stripe off ive been contemplating doing it

Not really but if you look closely you can see where the pin stripe was nothing too noticeable. I'm have more of a hard time removing the imprint of the badges on the back. Any tips on that? Idk how to explain it but it's like lament plastic on the outer edges if you pick at it lol? That's just what it reminds me of and same thing with the stripe.

When I took all of my emblems off I used 3m adhesive remover and it took everything off, you would never know they were there. If thats what you used I dont know what else works but google/youtube has been my best friend for this kind of stuff lol

I used Goo gone and it worked great

thanks teejay and yea i know but i cant decide if i want black housing headlights like urs or go with the black headlight covers my friend has the covers on his 2010 cobalt ss and they look sweet

No problemo, and yeah either way its the same effect but having the blacked out ones instead of the covers doesnt dim your lights at all, and is a cleaner look in my opinion.

yea true but im only 17 and im broke so i was thinkin about the covers cause there cheaper

yea true but im only 17 and im broke so i was thinkin about the covers cause there cheaper

heat, prying, and spray paint are all i believe you need to do this yourself

Yeah I feel you on the broke man im 20 and in fire school right now which is 5 days a week and a drain on you. And yes college student you are correct. I did my lights myself and between black paint, clear coat, masking tape and sealent I spent about 50 bucks on my lights. And the corners I bought off of ebay.

My best advice though on modding your explorer is too take it slow and do stuff right. Just save up for the lights and get them when you can. Your ex already looks pretty damn good anyways lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i would do it my self but my headlights are perfect and i dont wanna mess with something that doesnt need to be when i could just buy the parts and know its gonna be clean and done right.

Back