Looking for a couple parts for 2 different year Explorers. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for a couple parts for 2 different year Explorers.

Coolhand20th

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer Xlt
Looking for the Roof bars that go across on a '03 Explorer XLT. Mine didn't come with them with it being a used vehicle. Tried all the local salvage yards but nothing. They don't have to look anything great. I can sand them and re-paint them without a problem.

2nd is an '06 Explorer been looking for the 3rd row seat power seat motor and nothing there either.

No rush and can't do any buying till next month but if anyone has a source for either of those please lemme know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking for the Roof bars that go across on a '03 Explorer XLT. Mine didn't come with them with it being a used vehicle. Tried all the local salvage yards but nothing. They don't have to look anything great. I can sand them and re-paint them without a problem.

2nd is an '06 Explorer been looking for the 3rd row seat power seat motor and nothing there either.

No rush and can't do any buying till next month but if anyone has a source for either of those please lemme know.
whereabouts you at? if its next month maybe ill hit the yard by then!

In Northern Wisconsin so shipping might be a really expensive on those bars. I am in no rush it could be a couple months or even longer. Gone almost 5 years now without the bars so definitely not a big deal to me. Especially since I only drive 2,500 miles a year,lol. Just would be nice to have them sometime.

Right now I am busted from having to replace the steering gear and replacing the HO Alternator so between those two it was over 1K.

Bars are for mine the motor is for my parents. Been looking but no one carries either around here. Plus in Wisconsin there is no you pick'em places except one and they are over 2 hours away from me. One of the rare things I miss about Illinois is every salvage yard lets you go in and pull parts if you bring your own tools and they don't charge squat for those kinds of parts.

Thanks you for the offer! Really appreciate it!

In Northern Wisconsin so shipping might be a really expensive on those bars. I am in no rush it could be a couple months or even longer. Gone almost 5 years now without the bars so definitely not a big deal to me. Especially since I only drive 2,500 miles a year,lol. Just would be nice to have them sometime.

Right now I am busted from having to replace the steering gear and replacing the HO Alternator so between those two it was over 1K.

Bars are for mine the motor is for my parents. Been looking but no one carries either around here. Plus in Wisconsin there is no you pick'em places except one and they are over 2 hours away from me. One of the rare things I miss about Illinois is every salvage yard lets you go in and pull parts if you bring your own tools and they don't charge squat for those kinds of parts.

Thanks you for the offer! Really appreciate it!
if they anything like the 2nd gen bars i can dissasemble certain parts and then send it in a slightly smaller box. thay being said if im out there before anyone else has one, id be happy to pull one for you! here in LA we can bring tools etc and they dont charge too much... its been a while since i got a crossbar but iirc it was like <20 bucks.

not sure about the motor ill have to see which ines even have em 😂

Thanks appreciate it! After looking those bars should be a lot smaller then I thought. Could fit right into a postal tube most likely.

Back