Looking for accessory power port wiring plug thing. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for accessory power port wiring plug thing.

yugotprblms

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mountaineer
Girlfriend has an 04 explorer, with a center console power power, but no actual power running to it. It seems as if it just was not set up from the factory.

This is the port itself:

http://www.amazon.com/Ford-ADDITIONAL-SOCKET-Assembly-BL3Z-19N236-A/dp/B008Y7XHJ2

I need to find the plug that goes into the back of it, as nothing is under the console that works. There's an orange plug that is shaped similarly, but the key pin part is on the other corner of it. I have had no luck finding this stupid part, nor do I have any idea why it would not be wired.

There are two wires in there that look like they would be in the right position for it, but they are just taped off, not broken or anything.

For more info, look at this picture:

http://s828.photobucket.com/user/BigRondo/media/Blend%20Door%20Actuator/1%20Remove%20Console%20Upper%20Half/1dDisconnectPowerSources.jpg.html?t=1295286256

The only available plug is the orange one on the right of the picture. It is not plugged in to anything though, and will not work in the power port. The plug I need is the grey one on the left. There seem to be the wires for it, but they are only taped off, no plug thing on them.\

Any ideas? Thanks!

The two taped off wires -- maybe the previous owner did that for who knows what reason. Maybe you can get the part you need from a U-pull-it or a wrecking yard. Splice the wires together, back in action. Remember to check the fuse if it doesn't work.

I believe those plugs have regular female spade connectors in them (Sorry if thats not the correct term), but you could just splice your own and plug them in. Run a positive and negative to it with female spade connectors and plug it in. Test with a multimeter or something to make sure polarity is correct.

Could be a million reasons its not there, but if the 12v outlet is there, there was wiring from the factory. Some people cut them and use them for other accesories or something sometimes. I ditched my 12v plug and put a dual high-output USB socket in its place, which I had to splice in from the original connector.

push-on-female-spade-connector.png

Back