Looking for an all-terrain tire test volunteer (or a few) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for an all-terrain tire test volunteer (or a few)

I'm putting together a "competition/test" of various all-terrain tires. Mine are going to be 35" Pro-Comp All-terrains. I'm looking for someone (actually a few people with varying brands of all-terrain tire) that would like to help out. Basically I'm looking for a few people that have any non-pro comp brand all-terrain tire that is new or near new (new enough we could get a tread measure and have it be fairly accurate of a new tire) and once a month or so send to me some data involving exact tread depth (no "eyeballing it", need exact numbers) of both the outer and inner tread, and the miles that were driven on their tires that month.
Also it would be great if the person/people had all-terrains that they took off-road occasionally so we could get some measures of their off-road performance.
If your interested, please respond here or email me at mattadams@pcisys.com.
This is a volunteer position, LOL.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

KEbert, yeah I'd like to get some Michelins in on the test too. Just take some tread measurements and email em to me if you could.
Paul, just looking to get the amount of tread lost over x amount of miles. If its not going to get much use I'd prefer not to put it in the test, just because if the tires wear down like 1/64th over a year but you only drive 100 miles, its not quite an accurate descriptor of the tires :).
Ron, yeah I've already got some Pro-comp AT's in the test, thanks though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by mattadams

I WILL be running 35"s on the F-150. This after I get the suspension lift done on it.
What lift did you get? My friend has a 150 that is almost identical to yours and is looking into lifting it.

I could measure the Wrangler RT/S that are on the Jeep if you want. I put lots of miles on that.

KEbert, probably going with the Rancho 4" lift with RS-9000's.
Paul, that'd work.

First I've seen of this thread or Idda helped out. I can't wait to see some results though, good idea matt.

What's the prize?

the prize is getting your name mentioned in the article... LOL

Matt, I just emailed you but I only sent the inner measurment. The outer is .5". I just forgot about that.

I was just curious as to how this was going. If it still is.

Hey Matt how is this going? Looking to buy some At's here in the near future.

It kinda died off. The whole deal was because I was planning on being sponsored by pro-comp tires and wanted to put them head to head with some other tires so I'd have something to compare them to, then they took back their offer and I decided not to waste the time...

Well FFFFFINE.

I'd hate for you the have to waste your precious time, Matt. ;) As for me, I'm looking to buy tires and I'd love to have a good comparison to check against. I can't find anything good on the web. And I got all excited when I thought the wonderful people at Serious Explorations would have just what I wanted. Well, here's to you and the horse you rode in on. :p

You know I'm kidding. :rolleyes: But seriously, a good tire comp would be great to have. Just like that oil filter comp that has been mentioned a few times. I preach oil filter choice all the time now. A good tire comp would be even MORE helpful.

If anyone knows of an unbiased AT tire comp on the web, let me know.

Back