Looking for tonneau strikers.

05ST

Reaction score
City, State
NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Sport Trac XLT 4x4
So I just scored a factory tonneau in great shape for only $80!!! :D

I just need the 4 strikers that fasten to the inside of the bed. I know I can get 'em for $25 each from fordpartsgiant.com. I just figured I'd check here first to see if anyone may have some they don't need and would like to sell me??

So I ordered the 4 strikers and bolts from tascaparts.com, total with shipping $112.33. Had 2 keys made $20. Add the $80 for the cover itself for a total of $212.33, not too shabby for an oem cover in great shape!
I'm still missing just one thing, the rear rubber key cover plug. I know this piece is also available new for around $80 but I refuse to shell out that much for it. So I was wondering if anyone has done/made anything to use as a plug/cover for the keyhole to keep rain/snow/ice out of it? I was thinking of cutting a piece of plexiglass/plastic to fit and attach a small handle somehow. I don't know. Any suggestions??

I have the same issue and have thought about this a lot. I am thinking of taking the front right cover (the one without a key) and using it for the rear locking cover and then filling the front right cover hole with plastic dip or something like that

Back