• Register Today It's free!

Looking to Modify

20Limited03

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh,NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Limited
Hi guys i'm new to this message board just bought a new explorer early last month a 2003 Limited obviously. I have yet to modify anything on it and i was wondering if anyone had any pointers. I wanted to do just cosmetic things like rims and maybe lights, does anyone have any good sugestions for rims/tires 20''?

Btw my explorer is silver.

Thank you in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if u get 20s id go with a 265/50/20 instead of the 275/45/20. im sure there are other rides. the reason id go with a 265/50 is because i compared them with my uncles 275/45/20 and the 265/50 just look nicer. if u dont lower it, it looks really nice

I am not sure if this is your style, but a lot of people on here have the westin bull bar that looks pretty mean.

If you are looking to supercharge or turbo with a v8.
Most parts from 99-02 Mustang GT's will fit our motors.
Im not sure if the Centrifugal S/C'ers will fit because of the Cooling fan and other engine accesorie differences.

But the Roots style blowers should all bolt on, usually with alittle modification or adaptation.
(overhead style superchargers)

I believe Allen used to make Roots style supercharger for our trucks, but went out of business!
(you can still find them floating around sometimes)

I assume because you want 20's, you are going more for a street look? Check out my thread called "new rims." Do you have a V8 or V6?

I have a v8 it has every option except the third row seat, and yes i'm just looking for more of a street look. Maybe something like an air intake and a good sounding exhaust would be good too, but mainly just cosmetic things. Also if anyone knows good head/tail lights that would another thing i was thinking about.

Intake, exhaust and tune would be a very good start and wake that V8 up. Exterior looks you can do a billitt upper and lower grill, mustang GT hoodscoop, remove roof rack, 20's of your choice and lower it just a little. For lights, I wonder how it would look if you could color match the inside of your front lights with your body color? I doubt anyone has done that and I think it would look good.

Billet grille, chrome door handles (looks VERY good with silver, have them on my silver mounty), HIDs, clear corners, 06-08 side mirrors, Westin Ultimate Bull Bar, MAC Intake, MAC Catback.

IMO that would be a badass X.

cosmetic? Nothing will look better than that monty smoking a camarro:salute:

What are some good looking 5 spoke rims that look good on this model explorer

For me there is only one pair that actually "fit" this style of Explorer. They are Boss Motorsports 306's which I have. They just look f'n good in my opinion. What I was going to buy that don't look so bad are the Boss Motorsports 335 series.

I'm not to into the "blingy bling bling, look at me I spent 5 grand on some ugly ass wheels." There are a lot of different rims out there and the ones that catch your eye are the ones that you should get.

Back