• Register Today It's free!

Lost wires??

Implorer

Reaction score
City, State
Sparta,WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Alright while i was deciding to go oem or get a new deck i bought a new deck... best buy was installing they chopped the factory wiring harness cause they couldn't find from my deck to the ex stock wires and i had the explorer 6cd changer they screwed up didn't know what to do gave me my money back for my deck and install fee oh well not going to waste my time with chain of command to complain.. but when i look up the schematics for the explorer i get that

Radio Constant 12V+ Wire: Light Green/Purple
Radio Switched 12V+ Wire: Yellow/Black

and i have everything else hooked up from the deck wiring harness i look for the constant and switch 12v and can't find either matching the color code...please help..........

ps also everywhere i looked doesn't have an adaptable wiring harness for my ex.. why not?

I don't mean to be rude, but I can't understand a thing you said. Try using punctuation and proper sentence structure so we can tell what you're trying to get across to us.

just a bit fired up sorry..
ill start from scratch
my factory wiring harness going into my factory deck got chopped off(accident).
im installing a new deck, trying to follow the wiring diagram for the
Radio Constant 12V+ Wire: Light Green/Purple
Radio Switched 12V+ Wire: Yellow/Black

follow?(everything is connected but these two wires)
from where my factory harness should be there is supposed to be these, Yellow/Black, Light Green/Purple colored wires they are no where to be found.. i have a yellow/white black/light blue yellow/gray black/orange..
PLUS. my factory harness it had two connectors.. only one got cut.. the one not cut only had two wires going into it and its a solid yellow and grey/black..
so i'm lost on which wires from where my factory harness was would be my switch 12v and constant 12v....

sorry for the confusion..
any help??

Back