• Register Today It's free!

Low fuel pressure (Fixed)

K4_Khalid

Reaction score
City, State
Jeddah
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010, Ford explorer xlt
Car was struggling to start and when it starts it shakes and sometimes it's normal. I changed fuel pump acdelco and it worked fine for one day. Next day same problem. Checked fuel pressure reading by torque app and it's around 25.0 psi idle, once I shut off engine it drops to 14 psi within seconds. Sometimes I get code p0191 and sometimes no code. Just need your help before I change fuel pressure sensor. Don't know if it's gonna solve this issue or not. What else it could be?
thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Car was struggling to start and when it starts it shakes and sometimes it's normal. I changed fuel pump acdelco and it worked fine for one day. Next day same problem. Checked fuel pressure reading by torque app and it's around 25.0 psi idle, once I shut off engine it drops to 14 psi within seconds. Sometimes I get code p0191 and sometimes no code. Just need your help before I change fuel pressure sensor. Don't know if it's gonna solve this issue or not. What else it could be?
thank you
Fuel pressure should remain at normal level after engine is shut off. Pressure should not drop immediately, but rather very gradually over a long period of time. "Bleeding away" of fuel pressure indicates a possible problem with the fuel pressure sensor or a leaking fuel injector.

Fuel pump control module should be checked as well.Fuel Filter, and pump harness (includes pump and evap system connectors) should be checked too
Fuel injection system pin point test procedure described in Workshop Manual.

In general, replacing components without proper diagnostic procedures are not recommended.Try to work with pinpoint test

thank you
Fuel pressure bleeding off so fast is either a leak, bad check valve in the fuel pump (unlikely with a new one) or a leaking injector. It could be a bad sensor too.

Did you change the fuel filter?

Fixed, Since i installed ACDelco pump with wrong hose which is R6/30 and fuel was leaking there was no enough pressure. I was supposed to use R10 fuel submersion hose. Bought motorcraft fuel assembly and reinstalled it.. All good now..

Thanks for the response telling us the fix. It seems that there are certain parts where going with the Motorcraft brand piece is the best choice. I have read more than a few posts here where not using Motorcraft fuel pumps has caused issues.

Thanks for the response telling us the fix. It seems that there are certain parts where going with the Motorcraft brand piece is the best choice. I have read more than a few posts here where not using Motorcraft fuel pumps has caused issues.
Your response just made me not to regret for the loss and happy to take motorcraft pump assembly decision :)

Back