Lowering Options for 2003 Explorer Sport 2wd | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lowering Options for 2003 Explorer Sport 2wd

delamite

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Sport XLT
Hey guys, I have a 2003 explorer sport and was considering putting on 18-22 inch wheels w/ an approximated 31" tire. I want to lower the back about 2" and then lower the front by cranking the T-bars until it is level.

I know that you can put a block in above the leaf springs, but I would rather not do that option. What about flipping the leaf springs underneath the axle, what does that do? Or are there any other relatively cheap alternatives that do not degrade the ride quality?

The leaves are under the axle already aren't they? I really don't think you'll squeeze a 31 in there with any drop. 31's usually rub at stock hieght.

Yeah, I found out that they already are...hah. I have 31's right now, and no rubbing. I'm pretty sure I will have to go with a 30 though after lowering. I think what I'm going to do is buy the new wheels/tires and then lower. Perhaps a 2inch block will work? Or still, any alternatives are requested. THanks.

Back