• Register Today It's free!

Lumbar Support Switch

tompass

Reaction score
City, State
Trenton, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer XLT
The power seat switches on my 98 Explorer work fine but the lumbar control switch does not work on either seat. Would seem to indicate that the lumbar support switches and pumps are OK particularly because they just worked until recently. Does anyone know if the that switch is on a separate fuse and if so, what #. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No, It's All On One Fuse. There Is Only One Plug That Goes Into The Seat That Powers All The Functions Of The Seat. Mine Stopped Working Too.

Thanks. Sure seems strange that neither switch works.

Sometimes the simple things are what works best. Took side panel off of seat and checked connections and then sprayed some tuner into switch and walah. Did same on other side without taking panel off with same result.

Thanks for response. Seems that a little spray of tuner cleaner did the trick on both sides.

I was having the same problem on my drivers side. Sprayed some tuner spray in and around the switch without removing anything and it works perfectly now!

Would contact cleaner work as well? I have the same issue.

I would think that would work as well.

switch

My switch seems to be the problem. When I push the top toggle swith forward i here the motor running but when I push on the other side of the switch it stays in the down position and nothing happens. the switch is not stuck it feels like there is no spring to push it back up. How do I take the side switch panel off. Does it snap off or is there screws? I have a 97 explorer ltd. Thanks for any info.

Back