• Register Today It's free!

magnaflow exhaust vs. MAC

jamesdow5419

Reaction score
City, State
RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Mercury Mountaineer
2003 Mercury mountaineer exhaust. which exhaust louder magnaflow or mac. why is the mac 200 dollars cheaper

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

MAC will be louder...

MAGNAFLOW is a low deep exhaust...

MAGNAFLOW is more exspensive cause its name brand...

MAC is known, but nothing like MAGNAFLOW or FLOWMASTER

MAC will be louder...

I've got to throw my Edelbrock muffler in there.. There is another choice for performance.. I put in a RPM series, but there are less restrictive (louder) mufflers from Edelbrock as well. And... the quality is there too.

My two cents..

MAC will be louder...

MAC is EXTREMELY well-known in the Mustang Community. A lot of mustang owners use their mufflers, h-pipes, and x-pipes.

The 2nd Gen owners seem to love the MAC CatBack for the 302.

i will agree to that, but i havent heardmuch about MAC until i got my X, but i have heard of FLOWMASTER and MAGNAFLOW...

thats was my basis for my statement... simple i know lol haha !

I love Mac exhaust stuff. I had a Prochamber on a 2003 Mustang GT along with a set of Flowpath mufflers and it sounded absolutely awesome if you like loud, rowdy and obnoxious.

After that I had a Mac catted H-pipe on a 2004 Mustang GT with a full Mac catback with 2.5 inch rolled tips. It was a little more tame because it had catalytic converters but still sounded phenomenal, especially with a KB 1.7L blower at 9psi on it.

what would be the best for the v6? i've heard good things about thrush exhaust for them.

MAC is EXTREMELY well-known in the Mustang Community. A lot of mustang owners use their mufflers, h-pipes, and x-pipes.

The 2nd Gen owners seem to love the MAC CatBack for the 302.

Ditto... see them a lot on Stangs at work. Sound mean too!

And I am going to throw in DYNOMAX as a cheaper alternative. Had Dynomax exhaust on my 97 Fireturd (350 V8) and sounded good, woke it up too, and very reasonably priced.

MAC is aluminized steel(capable of rusting). Magnaflow is stainless steel and just better all around IMO. It's what I run on the Cobra and they sound great.

Back