manual transfer case swap | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

manual transfer case swap

As for swaping one in the only thing you have to modify is the pan on the floor so the shifter can pass through it. Other than that everything bolts right up, including the stock drive shafts.

Or you could just pull the correct cover plate from the truck you get the shifter out of and switch it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok so ive ditched the BII idea. i found a guy with a 91 4x4 4.0 ranger who is selling the transmission and tcase but he isnt sure what type it is and all that junk. so what type is that? will that work better then a BII?

Ok,
Finally I got ahold of a bw1354m out of a 92 ranger. The guy who has it wants 200 for it and the front drive shaft. Is this a good deal?
Lemme know soon, don't want it to be scooped like last time!

Ok,
Finally I got ahold of a bw1354m out of a 92 ranger. The guy who has it wants 200 for it and the front drive shaft. Is this a good deal?
Lemme know soon, don't want it to be scooped like last time!
Did you do the 1354m swap i have an 02 ford explorer sport trac im wanting to swap the 1354a to a 1354m i just want to know which vehicle and year would be best for a straight bolt up if anyone can help me please

Back