• Register Today It's free!

Map Update

CanAdrenalin

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin
Looking to update my Nav Map. What disc do I require for my 2010 STA?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I belieive it's called Navtech or something similar. I updated my 08 once back in 09. I really didn't see any real updates of any use. It got us lost and going around in a circle outside of DC in Maryland in an area that should have been updated long before I purchased the truck. Haven't updated since and had no problems.

Bookmark above is for '07 and '08 nav units. In '09 Ford changed to hard disc based navigation which uses a different software series. The latest is v6.0x for your '10 STA. You will also get a firmware update for the radio and an update of grace notes.
If you go to the link above, be sure to change to year to 2010.

Thanks Rebecca. To be honest, I'm not interested in paying $200 for the update.

200 thats crazy I just bought the 12p update disk on ebay for 15.00 bucks installed in about 3 minutes.

I recently spoke to the Navteq people who supplies the upgrade for Ford. I asked why it costs $223 (with tax and shipping) for the upgrade when you can buy a Garmin portable (which uses Navteq data) with lifetime free upgrades for less than $100. Her reply was that Ford sets the pricing and because of the "marketing" factor.
Same upgrade from Navteq for my wife's Jeep is $150.

200 thats crazy I just bought the 12p update disk on ebay for 15.00 bucks installed in about 3 minutes.

Now $15 is a little more like it... Would this 12P update apply to my 2010 STA?

Now $15 is a little more like it... Would this 12P update apply to my 2010 STA?

I'm not sure if your navigation system is the same as mine

I'm not sure if your navigation system is the same as mine

I don't believe it is. Looks like I need V6.0X according to the web site...

ST nav systems had a major upgrade between '08 and '09. Map discs are not interchanable. Current version for the '09 and '10 is 6.0x. Map data discs are locked to a singular headunit and cannot be used on another.

ST nav systems had a major upgrade between '08 and '09. Map discs are not interchanable. Current version for the '09 and '10 is 6.0x. Map data discs are locked to a singular headunit and cannot be used on another.

Thanks for the info... What this means for me is I will not be upgrading my nav...

Thanks for the info... What this means for me is I will not be upgrading my nav...

Lol I hear you 200 bucks is nuts for an update sorry you can't upgrade that sucks. Looks like they made this change because of my nav all I have to do is make a copy of the disk and sell it like the guy I bought it from. Make the update nav specific was pretty smart on fords part.

Lol I hear you 200 bucks is nuts for an update sorry you can't upgrade that sucks. Looks like they made this change because of my nav all I have to do is make a copy of the disk and sell it like the guy I bought it from. Make the update nav specific was pretty smart on fords part.

Or greedy... one of the two for sure... I'm sure there are people out there who don't mind spending the $200, but ford should really have a look at these forums to get a rough idea of how most people really feel about it..

*COUGH* Rebecca! *COUGH* :D

Back