• Register Today It's free!

May 15th Evan Creek,WA

Look at what I dragged home today. :bounce:
Maybe,maybe in a few months I will start doing some fab work

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 149

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ask and ye shall receive

:bounce: :banghead: :burnout: :banghead: :roll: :banghead:

Nice COLOR Joe j/k

Didn't mean to take over your thread! sorry. I'm gonna start another one about Reiter....

thats a 351, not sure why I got it, do you want it? suppose to have newer heads on it, crank is bad thou.

I am saving pipe that I remove from cars at work to be used for bumbers and sliders,maybe I will have some proto types ready in the next few months, depending on my work (going back to 10 hr days) and how the real estate market is, once i purchase my house I will be tied up for awhile.

SnowExploder said:
Didn't mean to take over your thread! sorry. I'm gonna start another one about Reiter....

it's all good, some times it takes me awhile to notice there is a new thread.

I would like to go to Reiter also.
Have you been up the lake isabel trail? over on the Subaru board they are heading up there around may 8-9, but that is too close to the Evans creek outing and I want to make it to evans creek, I have been wanting to look at the 4runners that the faither wheelers drive maybe some of their mods can be used on the explorer

jrgaylor said:
I would like to go to Reiter also.
Have you been up the lake isabel trail?
I haven't been up it. I think me and some people are planning on going up it this sunday though. I'm not taking my truck, I know I couldn't make it up there, We are taking some Yotas instead... If you wanna go to Reiter, come over to the other thread because were trying to plan something. :)

I did some maintence to the explorer today getting ready for the next outings and I thought I might be needed new shocks so I tested them with the 3 bounce method, I shot some video of the test,It is kinda a redneck way of testing shocks thou.
shock test

So they were probably OK before your 'redneck test' but now? :rolleyes: hope that is all you'll need. :banghead:

Went to Evans April 25 riding in my friends ZJ. It was a blast I didn't realize how big the place was. There was a variaty of rigs any where from the ZJ with 8" kit to a stock cherokee which was equipt with just a rear locker. I will be posting pics. For The trails we did a locker and rock sliders would be pretty much all you need. the one guy with limited slip seem to be fairly limited.

Hopefully my wife's back will be fine for the May 15th run, Once she goes out with me a couple times maybe she will see how much the locker,33's and winch I have been talking about are needed :thumbsup:

IS anyone planning on coming to this outing here are the details and a link to the thread, trying to get a head count.

Nope, I'm out.

Gotta work.

Sorry can't, Still don't have 4wd... Got mud flaps though... lol.

I had a good time at evans creek yesterday, although the other people I went with had a assortment of problems I ended up only having minor body damage and a bent front pivot bracket, I put my skid plates to use.
I don't think there was one person in party that did not get some body damage or pin striping, You should be lifted,4X4 and have recovery gear if you go.
The group I was in only ran the 311 because we were the last of three groups to run it and on the last hill climb out (the last little stretch is really knarly) our group leader busted his rear driveline and had to winch the his way out.There was a full size Bronco in the second that kept getting stuck so we waited a few times for them to get going.
When the videos get uploaded I will post links to them.
Now that this run is over I am going to get busy and put my front locker in and do my SOA conversion and lift the front a few more inches.

MY Body Damage from EVANS CREEK 15MAY03

9883Picture_0091.jpg

9883Picture_0081.jpg

9883Picture_0011.jpg

9883Picture_0071.jpg

9883Picture_003.jpg

9883Picture_002.jpg

9883Picture_004.jpg

NO Regrets,it was a blast.
(edit 6-1-04 My videos have been deleted from the host, must have been too much activity, anyway the links don't work anymore.)
Toyota P/U and a 4Runner video I have one of a full size bronco but the video is too big for the free hosting service I use, When more video becomes available I will post a link to the vids.

Hey Gang!

This is matt from the faithwheelers board, just wanted to let you all know that we enjoyed having JR with us, and showing him what some real wheelin' is. any time you all want to hit evans or the nachees, let us know and we will show you a good time :)

we will have a trip report pics and vid links up soon...untill then feel free to stop by and view our other trip reports...www.faithwheelers.com

--Mattb
1948 willys CJ2A: buick 225, th350/d18, d44's soa and locked (arb/spool), ps, york powered oba, 33*12.5 swampers, cage, revolvers
"that makes it a willys/scout/jeep/chevy/ford/volvo thing, right???"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think Joe needs to get some sliders!!!!!

Back