May have found a new source for chips!!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

May have found a new source for chips!!!!

MO_GUY

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Farber, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explo Sport 4.0 SOHC
When I owned my cougar I visited (dead link) very nice forums, and lots of help just like this forum. There is a man that visits there often by the name of Dennis Reinhart, which owns his own company. They do custom chips and can reprogram chips, they just made a new chip which I will give information about.

I was wondering if I can get anyone that might be interested in a CUSTOM burned chip for their truck. The chips run from $250-495. These chips are not like the JET and Superchips, these chips are burned by your specifications, if you want something to help out on gas mileage, they can do it....you want more power from your mods? they can do it. I emailed Dennis tonight and hopefully I will get a response back from him by Monday. Here is the info I have about the new chips they make.....

Reinhart Performance chips are engineered to get the most power out of your vehicle! Safe dyno proven power.
Every chip you buy from us is customized for your specific needs and application. We don't use off the shelf programming like some other places. We develop each chip for exactly what your needs are without it costing extra. We can also change a lot of things the "others" can't. Most "chip burners" just take some pre-developed program and burn that onto the chip. We have developed our own software that allows us to modify literally hundreds of values that the other guys don't even know exist. This is one of the things that make our chip better than the rest.

We have made thousands of Dyno pulls to develop a calibration that optimizes power and torque. During each of these pulls data is obtained, analyzed and then changes are made based on that. When you buy our chip, you buy this experience, which is second to none. In almost all situations you do not need to send us your EEC module to read. We have an extensive database of files and rarely will you be put out by having to send us your module. We don't just sell you a chip, we tell you how to get the most power out of your vehicle.

Sometimes there are other things that you can benefit from, like a colder thermostat, different spark plugs and a different MAF. We can set up your chip for any air meter you want to run. Not like the other guys that try to sell you their air meter with their chip. The best MAF's to use in most any application are production Ford MAF's. Such as the 80 and 90 MM Lightning Maf. The quality control on these is excellent and the latest models have a pressure drop just as good as the aftermarket meters.

You do get our vast experience for generating power!
The programming on our chip was developed by people that actually programmed production EEC's. Do you want someone who has only made chips for, maybe, a few hundred cars or a few million? In all honesty anyone can make power with a chip. All you have to be able to do is change spark and fuel (but you do get our vast experience for making that power).

Very few, if any, chip programmers make changes to anything other than wide-open throttle. How often are you at WOT? After all you want to get all the power possible, so we then modify how the car drives at part throttle, where you spend most of your time. We modify the shift schedule, shift feel, spark, fuel, EGR, almost every subsystem that is within the EEC to maximize your entire driving experience. This also results in greater fuel economy. Now, with all your newfound power, you may find yourself sampling this power more often, so you need to remember this when calculating your fuel economy. No one can beat our chip for Torque, power, Price, or Service. We are TOPS.

and how is this different from the apten chip that i got for 200?

i've never heard of the apten chip, where can i get more info on it?

Dead Link Removed

Back