• Register Today It's free!

Maybe Cancel Order?

sticker500

Reaction score
City, State
Prattville, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
Sold 2011 Limited
I ordered a vehicle through my dealer with no deposit. I have purchased from them before and they are good ole folks. I just ordered it Saturday 3/12

My problem is all the negative posts I have read about people waiting longer than 6-8 weeks. I have read where others are getting them in that time frame (I think).

One of the dealers I contacted before I ordered called me and has an identical one that ordered in stock. I don't want to be a jerk and cancel my order especially because I will be using them for service BUT I am not going to wait one day past 8 weeks for this car and I have an opportunity to get this one. I don't think a dealer transfer would happen because they will loose their hold back and I already bought it with ZAG pricing.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Scott

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How bad do you want it?

I'm sure the dealership you placed the order at, will have no problem selling it. The dealership that gets your service & maintenance dollars is the one that really wins in the end. Ask the dealership to do a transfer, worst they can say is "no". No harm no foul.

Agree with Bill. My parent's in law ordered one about 5 weeks ago and the dealership still is looking to find the same one in the area so they could get the Ex sooner. My wife and I got one that they had to trade for so this salesmen sold 2 Ex's in the same day so maybe that is why he was so nice. Anyways. He said that he would have the one they ordered sold in a day if they did find another one before the delivery date. These trucks are selling themselves. I would take the one that you could get now. Don't worry about the dealership. You are not screwing them in anyway.

Mine is right on schedule for 5 weeks just like I was told at the dealer. Just got the window sticker today. So I think you're just hearing the negative side.

I'm glad I found the one I wanted on the lot....dunno if I could've waited that long!

If you're not going to wait one day past- buy the other one. You may end up frustrating yourself. They'll sell yours when it comes in.

7 weeks for me even with the Feb quality hold. All and all I think it mainly rests on your dealer and if they have the quota to process the order right away.

If the dealer you ordered from has another Explorer in stock, they might be able to do a dealer trade so you are still buying from the same dealership.

cancel it so that one of us here still waiting would get ours one car faster! :D

cancel it so that one of us here still waiting would get ours one car faster! :D

Ha! Doesn't look like this will work out. Turns out new dealer who agreed to Zag pricing at first now said "No dealer in the US will sell you an Explorer they have on the LOT at invoice price"

He said he will sell the four he has this weekend at higher prices than I was willing to pay.

Good luck to them, I like Ford and if we ask they will build more!!!

Ha! Doesn't look like this will work out. Turns out new dealer who agreed to Zag pricing at first now said "No dealer in the US will sell you an Explorer they have on the LOT at invoice price"

He said he will sell the four he has this weekend at higher prices than I was willing to pay.

Good luck to them, I like Ford and if we ask they will build more!!!

I paid a bit over invoice, but that's because I didn't want them to change their mind on what they were giving me for my car!!!:cool:

I ordered a vehicle through my dealer with no deposit. I have purchased from them before and they are good ole folks. I just ordered it Saturday 3/12

My problem is all the negative posts I have read about people waiting longer than 6-8 weeks. I have read where others are getting them in that time frame (I think).

One of the dealers I contacted before I ordered called me and has an identical one that ordered in stock. I don't want to be a jerk and cancel my order especially because I will be using them for service BUT I am not going to wait one day past 8 weeks for this car and I have an opportunity to get this one. I don't think a dealer transfer would happen because they will loose their hold back and I already bought it with ZAG pricing.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Scott

Scott,

Stick with me and I will keep you updated on what is being done to your Explorer and where it is. I can also assure you that hanging out on this forum is a fun way to spend your time. Many people are with you and cheering you on to wait it out. I don't have an Explorer (I'm a truck kind of girl) but I get excited along with everyone else when I get to deliver the news that it's made it to the dealer! You should be receiving another update from me soon.

Seni

Hey everyone. I just registered on the forum (after lurking for a few months) - and just ordered my LTD 4WD on Saturday 3/19. Am very excited but also very concerned - not just about the wait time but whether or not the order will even go through after reading some other posts and looking at sites like this donlen.com. The dealership took my order and gave no indication that there any stoppages with production of the 4WD's.

Seni - I see that you post here quite a bit (which is great!) - should I be concerned or am I worrying about nothing? Really looking foward to getting the X.

Thanks.

--Rich

Back