• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Cancel Order

karipay

Reaction score
Not that I'm cancelling but just in case I want to cancel my order, will I get back the money I gave to the dealer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Turdle

Habla tortuga
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
1)
Ask dealer this before you hand over the $$

2)
Ask dealer if you forgot to do #1

images

My job here is done!!!

Bill #5 Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago Area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
What form did you give the dealer "money"? Credit card?

karipay

Reaction score
Just posted a question just to see if someone already experienced this scenario? Why mock when you can just give a yes or no answer.

1)
Ask dealer this before you hand over the $$

2)
Ask dealer if you forgot to do #1

images

My job here is done!!!

gabella

Reaction score
City, State
Chicagoland
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limited
I imagine it would depend on the dealer. I didn't have to give money down at all to order mine, and didn't sign any papers.

However, given that they are selling like hot-cakes, I'd think it shouldn't be a problem. It's not going to sit on their lot for very long.

In fact, I changed my order to add something after it was too late to affect my order. The car had been "pulled" and was going to be built and delivered to the dealer anyway. Instead of being annoyed with me, they thanked me because I just gave them an Explorer to sell off the lot.

46er

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
Why mock when you can just give a yes or no answer.

It is not just a yes or no answer. Dealers conduct business differently. Read the documents you are asked to sign BEFORE you sign them, do not accept a verbal commitment. It's your money, Caveat Emptor.