Meet FUBAR the explorer (or is it the fubared exploder?) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Meet FUBAR the explorer (or is it the fubared exploder?)

Everyone, id like you to meet my explorer! Her name is FUBAR
IMG_20130127_083101_zps67366653.jpg

Right now this is the only pic I have of her and my parking job to ensure a spot in the work lot lol. I will get more uploaded when my phone stops being a dick lol.

Mods are as follows:
Poly front endlink
Brown wire mod
Blue light condom removal

I've got more on the way as funds permit. But that's it for now!
Tell me what ya think and give me suggestions! Lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice! Welcome to the forum! Even if you don't plan on it, we'll persuade you into doing something to your ex! Haha

lol ive got plenty of plans, just no funds to carry the plans out lol. shackles and TT are soon to come as soon as she gets a heart transplant. (iso a low mileage mustang 4.0 for the updated timing set etc). im also in search of a header panel, grille and, headlights.

i think my tax return is already gone, and i havent even gotten it yet lol!

moar pics!
IMG_20130207_154747_zpsaed1d317.jpg

IMG_20130207_154738_zps69b44c45.jpg

Now you see why I call her fubar! Lol

moar pics!

Now you see why I call her fubar! Lol

Dang, that thing is beat to hell. Looks about the same as mine was when I first got it with alittle love an hitting up the junkyard and Craigslist you should be able to get some real good deals on the new bumper and grill/header panel and lights. If you have any questions about replacing the front end PM and I can help you out, looks like a good start!

Dang, that thing is beat to hell. Looks about the same as mine was when I first got it with alittle love an hitting up the junkyard and Craigslist you should be able to get some real good deals on the new bumper and grill/header panel and lights. If you have any questions about replacing the front end PM and I can help you out, looks like a good start!

yeah, shes a little beat up (insert sarcastic comment here). but shes still my baby. between a boulder, my wife hitting a deer, sliding down muddy trails into trees (i hate ABS) and just years of abuse she's a little rough. and thanks for the offer i might take you up on that help lol.

thinking about picking up a welder and making a custom bumper etc

So, she got a new shoe today. Goodyear wrangler radial, cheap($110 mounted and balanced) and now I have 3 matching tires out of 4 lol. Also accidentally did something really cool. I picked up some LEDks for my BWM and they have pre wired resistors. I wired in the red one for the off position and left it at that (I was doing this in an olive garden lot waiting for my wife to get off work) and I noticed while coming up my driveway (comparable to a gravel riverbed) that with the resistor making a bridge before the switch the traction control (control trac crap) actually functions properly! But I do have a question. Those of you who have an LED for the "on" position of your BWM. How did you get it to light up? I wired it in and it won't light up when I flip the switch to ON. I just wired it in line on the second side of the switch. How did you guys wire yours? Pics would be great!

Back