Message : Check RR Turn Signal | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sorry for restarting this thread, but I finally got the chance to install the resistors, and for some reason it still did not work. I used the "v-splice" method in the video above, where I cut the wire jacket away and twisted the resistor and the wire together. I did this for both the turn signal and the brake light, and the display still states "Check LR Turn Signal" and "Check RR Turn Signal".

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem is? Is there anything in the fuse box/electrical box under the hood that I can change, or is there a way to reprogram the car computer and update the wattage/voltage/etc. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry for restarting this thread, but I finally got the chance to install the resistors, and for some reason it still did not work. I used the "v-splice" method in the video above, where I cut the wire jacket away and twisted the resistor and the wire together. I did this for both the turn signal and the brake light, and the display still states "Check LR Turn Signal" and "Check RR Turn Signal".

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem is? Is there anything in the fuse box/electrical box under the hood that I can change, or is there a way to reprogram the car computer and update the wattage/voltage/etc. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

I have not installed LEDs, but I do have experience in electronics. You must physically CUT the wire and run the current THROUGH the resistor before it is effective. In other words, cut the line and splice one end of the resistor to one end (to the light) and splice the other end to the power source. Otherwise, you have provided a bypass loop which allows the the current to take the "path of least resistance" and the resistor would be doing as much good sitting in the box in which you received it. Whether you splice with solder or with a Scotch device is irrelevant.

Back