Message : Check RR Turn Signal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

bigntall

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas , Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Explorer XLT
Hi there Explorer Owners . Ok so the message is being displayed by the car computer. When I turn on the Right turn signal, it flashes faster than the left turn signal. Outside the Explorer it flashes in the front right but not in the right rear. The right rear bulb is on but no flashing when turned on. So I have already bought the Flasher from my local auto parts store and want to install it but cannot locate the location , i didnt receive the owners manual when i got the Explorere since it had been preowned already. I need to know the location of the Flasher for 07 Explorer XLT. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The bulb is burned out.

Yep sounds like rear bulb is blown.

STU

Thanks for the help jimm , replaced bulb and that fixed my problem.

Easy fix. You are welcome.

Ok, sorry to restart this thread, but I am having a similar problem. I just order and installed LED brake light bulbs for my '08 Sport Trac and both bulbs are working, both for brakes and turn signals. However, the car computer is telling me to check the right and left rear turn signals. Also, the faster flashing symptom is occurring as well. They are not genuine Ford bulbs or OEM. I got these LED lights off ebay in order to make the light brighter at night (and for an added cool aftermarket touch). Is there anything I can do to make this stop?

you need a resistor for led's else they will show they are bad.

What waskly said. They use so little current the puter thinks they are dead. I put LEDs in my wifes mounty and had to put on resistors. They will work if you do.

STU

What kind of resistors did you use? Are they getting hot?

Awesome, thanks for the help!

Now, another thing... How and where do I need to install these? :scratch:

No problem! Theyre SUPER easy to install. Takes about 5 minutes per resistor.

One wire goes to the ground wire of the bulb, the other goes to the major(?) wire. (There are 3 wires per bulb, one is ground, one is parking lights, one is the brake/or blinker wire)

Ok, thank you very much BrianDye... I will order the resistor and try it out this weekend. Now, just to clarify, I need 1 pair of resistors? (One for each LED bulb). Or do I need 2 pairs (2 for each bulb; one for the brake light function and one for the blinker function).

Are you using them for brakes or blinkers?

(And again, no problem man, GLAD to help!)

Both. It's just replacing the existing OEM brake light. The light bulb itself functions as both the blinker and the brake light.

Ah, should have looked at your vehicle info, couldda answered my own question :)

Yes, I would order "two sets" (So a total of 4 individual resistors)

Alright, sounds good. Will let you know how it works out when I get around to installing them (sometime in the next 2 weeks). Thanks

Ok, so the resistors finally came in. Now, can you explain exactly what I need to do in order to install them? Like, how do I attach the resistor wires to the tail light wires in order to add them to the circuit? Do I need to cut the brake light wires, then put one end (lets say the end to the fuse box) on one wire (on the resistor) then attach the other end (the end to the tail lamp) to the other wire on the resistor? Or, do I just cut the jacket on the wires, and wrap one resistor wire on the power wire and the other resistor wire on the ground wire? Again, I appreciate the help very much.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi there I have all exterior leds on my 08 explorer so I thought I would help you out here. The resistors you bought should have came with scotch locks for quick connecting. The first thing you want to do is get a circuit tester to test which wire is the turn signal/stop light wire because you only want to tap into that one and the ground. I have attached a video to show you how to use scotch locks there very easy. just do the first method shown in the video and the yellow wire in the video would be the turn signal wire and the other one the resistor wire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JOu36tz6gI&feature=player_embedded#at=74

Back