Co-moderator
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Denver,NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 F150 XLT 4x4
I encountered the infamous multifunction switch connector/right rear turn signal issue on my Trac. I pulled the covers off of my steering column and sure enough the BN/Y wire was pulled out. It also looked like another one or two was also. I disconnected the plug, carefully, and found every terminal lock in the plastic housing was broken. Of course with my parts Trac gone and it being Saturday afternoon I was in a tight spot. So, wonder if the connector on one of my 94-95 F150 parts trucks would happen to be the same ......yesssssssss they are with one extra hole. So I took the terminals out, went back into the shop and it replaced the Trac housing perfectly. I just looked up the 94-95 F150 replacement pigtail and it's listed as the same part number as the Explorer. If you're scratching around the bone yard you might want to grab one off of a F150, 87-96 likely to be the same.

Here is the WPT611, priced anywhere between $30-$40 !!
WPT-611MultifunctionSwitchPigtail.jpg

Here is the Sport Trac and the F150 connector housing.
MFSCON.jpg

I've never heard of the connector being a problem on the F-series trucks. Guess they don't make 'em like they used to!!!

Thanks for the fix it thread Steve, this will help alot of people out. How's everything going? How's your wife doing, hopefully better. Glad to hear from ya again.

Beats spending $30-$50 !!

Filling in for another employee who is on med leave, working more hours than I want to but the extra $$$ helps. Wife's vision hasn't improved, actually a bit worse but some other of her issues are improved. Thanks for asking.

Apologies for not being here more.

Back