• Register Today It's free!

MFT Screen touch points unusable

timoconn

Reaction score
City, State
Fairfax, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Platinum
My touch screen is not selecting what I'm touching. For example touching Set as destination will select set as Way Point. Does the screen need recalibration? Would this type of issue be covered under the extended APIM warrenty?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My touch screen is not selecting what I'm touching. For example touching Set as destination will select set as Way Point. Does the screen need recalibration? Would this type of issue be covered under the extended APIM warrenty?
Have you tried a Master Reset?

Peter

Yes, no change
If that didn't fix it I don't think there is any sense in disconnecting the battery since the Master Reset set the APIM back to factory defaults. If the issue is the APIM then it should be covered by the extended warranty depending upon the vehicle's build date. I did some checking and it includes Explorers up to and including 2014.

Peter

Do a screen calibration.

Hi timoconn,

If the cause of the issue is determined to be the APIM, it will be covered. I suggest visiting a dealer for assistance: https://owner.ford.com/dealer-locator.html

Shaay

I figured it out. It was the Proclip mount that I have had installed for the last three years. It was applying pressure on the screen.

BTW I did try calibrating but didn't start because the onscreen instructions wanted me to press "ESC" to save changes. Not sure how that would be done.
IMG_1420_zps286df3b7.jpg

Back