• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Lewisra

Reaction score
City, State
Howell, mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 explorer limited
Hey, Jerky,

I haven't heard anything recently. I'll be sure to make a new thread if I can when another one if released. :)

Rebecca
Rebecca,

'if released"

Hopefully that's not a Freudian slip, but just a typo. :eek:

KanewtZ

Reaction score
City, State
Northern Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer LTD
Rebecca,

I updated my SYNC awhile ago to the newest version, however forgot to "confirm" on the sync website...now I get letters/emails from Ford saying that there is an update available. Is there a way to confirm my update without the USB?

Cheers!
Matt

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Rebecca,

I updated my SYNC awhile ago to the newest version, however forgot to "confirm" on the sync website...now I get letters/emails from Ford saying that there is an update available. Is there a way to confirm my update without the USB?

Cheers!
Matt
Hi Matt. I'm not positive but I don't think the Reps work on weekends. As far as I know you have to use the Status Checker tool, which of course involves using a USB drive.

Peter

tmg19103

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT AWD
Rebecca,

Cheers!
Matt
Do a Vehicle Health report at http://www.ford.com/syncmyride/ on the list on the right side of the page for your vehicle and it will update the version of Sync on that website and in Ford's main system. I had the same prob and this fixed it. After I did the USB update I did not realize I needed the USB to confirm on syncmyride on my laptop so I reformatted the USB and had that info erased, but the Vehicle Health report will update it.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Do a Vehicle Health report at http://www.ford.com/syncmyride/ on the list on the right side of the page for your vehicle and it will update the version of Sync on that website and in Ford's main system. I had the same prob and this fixed it. After I did the USB update I did not realize I needed the USB to confirm on syncmyride on my laptop so I reformatted the USB and had that info erased, but the Vehicle Health report will update it.
Vehicle Health Reports are not available in Canada.

Peter

tmg19103

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT AWD
Vehicle Health Reports are not available in Canada.

Peter
Bummer. For those in the U.S. who forgot to reload their USB on Ford's MySync page after updating Sync and if you erased or wrote over the USB, that's how to do it.

Seems those in countries outside the U.S. have much more trouble updating Sync, and that does not help with the perception by some that Sync/MFT is a problem.

Perhaps when Ford goes to the Blackberry software they can integrate it worldwide since it is common on foreign cars like BMW and Audi.

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
Bummer. For those in the U.S. who forgot to reload their USB on Ford's MySync page after updating Sync and if you erased or wrote over the USB, that's how to do it.

Seems those in countries outside the U.S. have much more trouble updating Sync, and that does not help with the perception by some that Sync/MFT is a problem.

Perhaps when Ford goes to the Blackberry software they can integrate it worldwide since it is common on foreign cars like BMW and Audi.
That would indeed be nice, seeing as how their HQ is located here in Ottawa.

Peter

FordIVTteam

Official Ford Rep
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer
Rebecca,

Cheers!
Matt
Hey, Matt!

Like Peter said, I'm not here on the weekends; however, I am now. LOL

If you log in to your SYNC account at www.Support.Ford.com and then click this link:

http://support.ford.com/tools/account/update-center?step=prepare-vc

It should take you to a verification tool. Download it and put the files on your USB flash drive; then plug it in the USB port in your Explorer. Once it finishes pulling your version, take the USB back to your PC, make sure you're still logged in to your account, and your account should be updated to the correct version of MFT. Let me know if you have any issues.

Hey, everyone,

I know you've already posted articles in other threads, but I'd like to ask that we keep this thread on topic (help with v3.6.2). It's easier for me to help the people that need it. :) Thanks!

Rebecca

silverfz

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT w 302a Package
:thumbsup: Latest Sync Update

I have a 2011 XLT w 302a package. The screen was slow and the Blue tooth was horrible. As my wife did not use the blue tooth , i never noticed it till a few months ago i brought a tundra limited and she took it....

anyway, now i have the explorer i bitched and complained about this crap on a 40k car.

the newest sync update is avialable, i downloaded to a flash drive and did an update on yesterday commute. 30 minutes .

i bet mine was never updated from the original.... the quick fix

1) The bluetooth phone clarity is crazy good as per my mom and wife. More media support. It can now play music from the bluetooth device via bluetooth.
2) The touch screen is very very responsive. No more touch, touch harder wonder if it read.More zones per doc.
3) When i put the car in reverse some color coding is coming on , not sure what this is.
4) Speed of the system is great.

If you have not done this, i recommend it. v3.6.2 per the popup

satz

Last edited by a moderator:

FordIVTteam

Official Ford Rep
Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer
I have a 2011 XLT w 302a package. The screen was slow and the Blue tooth was horrible. As my wife did not use the blue tooth , i never noticed it till a few months ago i brought a tundra limited and she took it....

anyway, now i have the explorer i bitched and complained about this crap on a 40k car.

the newest sync update is avialable, i downloaded to a flash drive and did an update on yesterday commute. 30 minutes .

i bet mine was never updated from the original.... the quick fix

1) The bluetooth phone clarity is crazy good as per my mom and wife. More media support. It can now play music from the bluetooth device via bluetooth.
2) The touch screen is very very responsive. No more touch, touch harder wonder if it read.More zones per doc.
3) When i put the car in reverse some color coding is coming on , not sure what this is.
4) Speed of the system is great.

If you have not done this, i recommend it. v3.6.2 per the popup

satz
Glad you're happy with it, satz!

Rebecca

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F V2.11 MFT Update Available on SYNCMyRide.com 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 157
K MFT(Sync2) to Sync3 V3.4 Upgrade Minor Issue 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 5
G MFT Sync 2 to Sync 3 Screen Stays On While Car is OFF 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 8
deewan MFT trouble dialing using iOS 13 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 2
E Sync 2 with MFT failing. How can I cost effectivly upgrade to Sync 3? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 3
J Similar compatible alternative to MFT? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 1
D Gremlins in MFT 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 0
J Sync 2 MFT APIM Replacement / Repair 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 1
D MFT update trouble and help needed 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 1
D Anyone use the Waze app with their MFT 3.8 or 3.10? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 12
I MFT Entertainment Unavailable / Off Message 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 7
O Restarting MFT using "Seek >> + Power" (also for Sync 3) 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 0
E 2015 MFT 8" No NAV - Upgrade ideas to get Android Auto 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 6
I Sync 2 w/ MFT - iOS11 iPhone Compatibility 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 15
9 2012 MFT w/ Nav - Stuck on v2.11 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 5
Jon M This is new...Sync/MFT issue 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 6
J Upgrading to 8" Sync MFT on 2016 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 5
Jon M MFT/SYNC/Nav issues 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 0
S MFT with Speedcams, how ? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 3
B Samsung S8 Plus and MFT 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 4
Daheim111 A "how to" to not have problems with MFT ? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 7
2 MFT Update V3.10 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 150
S 2013 Limited MFT forgot second key 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 3
S 2016 SONY MFT - weird behavior 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 7
M Cannot update MFT 2.11 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 26
A Downgrading from (8" MFT with Nav) to (4.2" non-MFT) 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 50
T USB Drive Application Error/MFT Crash 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 8
T MFT Screen touch points unusable 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 9
L Clever MFT feature 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 4
B MFT 3.8 IOS 9.3 sync drops connection mid call 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 0
Sgt1411 MFT v3.8 and iOS10 Issues 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 65
D MFT for South America - spanish (not Spanish Spain) 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 5
M iPhone 6 SE and MFT 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 3
Z MFT Slow when iPhone paired 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 1
M MFT update question around versions 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 2
B Want to upgrade from 4.2 to MFT 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 11
C MFT in german 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 6
fyrfyter612 MFT problem...anyone else? 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 0
P Nav stopped working after MFT update 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 23
F MFT automatically switching to phone Yellow menu 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 2
1 MFT 3.8 bug and downgrade to 3.7.11 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 36
G Buying a 2012 Explorer - Nervous about MFT Issues (please advise) 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 7
N Responding to Text Messages via MFT 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 1
S SYNC MFT - Interesting USB Input Discovery 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 2
S SYNC MFT - Browsing Music vs Files 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 2
T MFT Performing Scheduled Maintenance Again... 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 3
blwnsmoke Upgrading from MFT/Sync 2 to Sync 3 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 199
S Sync MFT Browse Memory for USB 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 3
J 2016 Explorer with MFT - Add Climate Control to Instrument Cluster 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 25
J MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology 330